plea for help
Jan 12, 2002 at 4:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

CaptBubba

Not dumb enough fora custom title...so he thought.
Ok, I love my Rush, Exit... stage left cd. But, for some reason unknown to me the aluminum backing flaked off on one part, making the first to tracks unlistenable. The rest of the cd is fine, but those two tracks are unrecoverable. I want to make a copy that works, but i don't want to use crummy mp3s as the forst two tracks.

I was wondering if someone (w/ broadband preferably) would be willing to rip the first tracks and transfer them to me (in .wav .rar or opther lossless compresion). I don't belive an ICQ transfer will work through my school's firewall, so transfering will probably be a bit more complex than a simple drag and drop, but I could walk just about anyone through it.

Jan 13, 2002 at 5:53 AM Post #2 of 2
I don't own the CD, so I can't help you, but the best way to do this is probably to use Monkey's Audio for compression, I average about 40% or so, sometimes a good bit more, and it is losless. Much better on the size side then full sizedness. If you find someone that is willing to do it, see if they will set up a passworded FTP to transfer the files, it will work fine and will be quite easy. If the person doing this for you dosen't know what to use, reccomend Serv-U-FTP, it is a very easy to use FTP program and it has a demo that lasts at least a month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back