Pittsburgh, PA --Saturday, March 14--Impressions Thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 20, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #16 of 18
Hey, does anyone in the Pittsburgh area know what's the cheapest place to get ear impressions for CIEMs?  I ordered a UERM but everywhere I called costs $50-$75 per ear.  I remember someone at the meet had a pair of K10.

Sep 20, 2015 at 12:58 AM Post #17 of 18
Hey all. I am from friendship and would love to hang with fellow headfi enthusiasts! nice to see that there are headfi minded individuals in the Area. next time you guys do another group i wold love to be in the loop. I am also going to check out Music to my ear since its a stones throw away from me. Feel free to PM me about anything headfi related in the area as well.

Sep 28, 2015 at 12:23 AM Post #18 of 18
Hey, does anyone in the Pittsburgh area know what's the cheapest place to get ear impressions for CIEMs?  I ordered a UERM but everywhere I called costs $50-$75 per ear.  I remember someone at the meet had a pair of K10.

I got my impressions up at the audiologist recommended by 1964 ears in Cranberry. They seemed quite interested that they might get business beyond hearing aids. It was $50 for the pair of impressions, but other places were much more expensive.

The closest place to me in Pethel Park (South Hills Pittsburgh, recommended by Westone) was asking $75 per ear! The audiologist was super nice and professional, but I had to call to ask to be called back with appointment openings, THEN she told me she expected $150 for the set. I wished her luck, but... I told her that price was way out of line with what others ask.

At the beginning of summer, I took a road trip between Pgh and St. Louis, Missouri, and the five places I called along the way to schedule an appointment along the way back were asking for $50 for a set, except one lady suggested by AxelCloris who offered a pair for $25 (and was basically able to make me a day-of appointment, but sadly I was too many miles up the road to make it in time). I'd say $50 is a good price to expect to pay, but you also ought to clean your ears.

I'd also like to be "looped in" next time there's a meet! I've got a Cavalli Liquid Carbon amp on the way, a nice tube amp made in Lithuania, a pair of AKG K612 (super value headphones IMO, along the lines of HD600), and a vintage STAX, and some surround processing gear made for gaming :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back