pics of my work setup
Oct 19, 2001 at 3:37 PM Post #16 of 27
Nice, though I don't know how much work I'd get done with that setup in my office.

By and bye, details on folding companies like the one discussed can be found in searches at ****edcompany.com. Their Happy Fun Slander section is quite droll.

Oct 19, 2001 at 3:43 PM Post #17 of 27
Quote:

Nice, though I don't know how much work I'd get done with that setup in my office.

smily_headphones1.gif

I must admit, I do go through building spreadsheets much faster when I'm listening to music.

Oct 20, 2001 at 12:23 AM Post #18 of 27
Nice... I also have a Toshiba 2109 and it makes a pretty decent transport.

I know what you mean about the music/productivity ratio. I have no trouble with an attention span except when I am doing stupid, menial work. Listening to music allows me to do boring repetitive stupid crap for upwards of six-seven hours straight with nary a lapse in focus.
biggrin.gif

Oct 20, 2001 at 1:04 AM Post #19 of 27
I once worked as a computer artist at this really ****ty publishing services company. My job was supposed to be creating graphics for print but every once in awhile when I finished doing everything that needed to be done at my primary function they would get me building spreadsheets for the art department. Building spreadsheets is the most horrible thing I have ever done... and I didn't have any music to guide me through those times. Needless to say I often came home feeling very depressed after spending many many hours organizing spreedsheets and writing those stupid functions that go along with it.

Oct 20, 2001 at 1:43 AM Post #21 of 27
Quote:

@home was PURCHASED by MediaOne. Your access will continue to work.. Don't worry.

Really? I thought AT&T had already made the bid for 300+ Million. All that was needed was bankruptcy court approval. Do you have a link?

Oct 20, 2001 at 4:54 AM Post #24 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by Jon Beilin
Listening to music allows me to do boring repetitive stupid crap for upwards of six-seven hours straight with nary a lapse in focus.
biggrin.gif

Well, that's the reason I use headphones everywhere I go.

Oct 20, 2001 at 6:21 PM Post #25 of 27
Well, just in case the Comcast @Home service in that NJ area dies...

Can you recommend which DSL ISP I should be using? Speakeasy or Verizon?
biggrin.gif

Oct 20, 2001 at 9:40 PM Post #26 of 27
Nice setup for the office. I had to take all my stuff home because my idiot bosses made a rule that you can't listen to headphones at work. That's part of the reason I'm going to leave as soon as I find something new. I won't even call in, I'm just not going back.

Oct 22, 2001 at 4:01 AM Post #27 of 27
Quote:

Well, just in case the Comcast @Home service in that NJ area dies...

The service will never die.
(I've placed my blood and sweat to get the service off the ground in NJ!)

It will just mean an ISP change down the road.(ie. different e-mail address that all, same service as before)

Quote:

Can you recommend which DSL ISP I should be using? Speakeasy or Verizon?

My boss lives out of the Comcast service area and had Verizon DSL. He wishes he didn't!
wink.gif

Cable modems are the way to go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back