Pickin' on Southern Rock
Jan 27, 2002 at 1:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

dngl

He'd rather show hisbuns than wear fur.
I took a chance after finding this CD in the used bin for $4. It is a compilation of bluegrass interpretations of classic southern rock. Included is everything from Hotlanta to Breakdown to Life in the Fast Lane. The song choices are diverse, the playing is skilled, the interpretations are original, and the recording is amazing. This can be used as a test disc- it has many well recorded instruments playing at once and is really a stress test for any system. Musically it is highly entertaining.

Jan 27, 2002 at 2:20 PM Post #2 of 3
That sounds like it would be a great disc to have.

Is it just a bargain bucket cheepo CD that you can get at Truckstops and Drugstores or is it a full-price label disc that should be available anywhere?

Reason why i'm asking is that if it is available I might see if I can get that. I love Blugrass music but it's not readily available here in the UK
frown.gif

Sound as ever

Jan 27, 2002 at 9:19 PM Post #3 of 3
It was in the used bins because it was a demo copy- I live near LA so lots of radio stations sell their demos to rhino/second spin/moby disc.

It is on CMH records: http://www.cmhrecords.com . CDNow and Amazon have it, and it should be somewhat easy to find in larger retail stores.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back