Pi7 S2 + JVC EP-FX9 Spiral Dot eartips, mini review
Oct 7, 2023 at 6:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

m4rkw

100+ Head-Fier
Someone on here recommended the FX10 Spiral Dot++ eartips for the Pi7 S2 earbuds and I love them, they are the best sounding I've found by a long way. I was curious about the FX9 Spiral Dots, the older version, as our Singaporean friend with the eartip review compilation suggested they were possibly slightly better.

A couple of days ago I received the FX9 eartips from aliexpress. They look and feel identical to the FX10s but without the coloured bands indicating the size, fitment is exactly the same (so choose one size above your regular size).

On the eartip guide it says that bass and midrange is lacking on the FX10 compared to the FX9, this was not my experience. I found the FX9 much more neutral, mids and high frequencies were clearer and the soundstage felt slightly wider. Bass was slightly reduced compared to the FX10. After a lengthy listening period and comparing back and forth I decided I prefer the FX10, the V-shape profile just suits my listening taste better. However I suspect the FX9 may be a good choice for people who prefer a more neutral sound profile. The Pi7 S2 are v-shaped with the stock tips but with the FX9s they may be more neutral. I'm not an expert so please take this with a pinch of salt but to me they sounded far more balanced.

Also with the FX9 you get 3 pairs rather than the 2 that come with the FX10 and they're priced lower so the FX9 are better value. Personally I'm sticking with the FX10 but thought I'd post this as others may find it interesting.

Jan 26, 2024 at 11:16 PM Post #2 of 2
How about the comfort level fx9 vs fx10 out of 10? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back