PHILADELPHIA area meet October 26th, 2013
Oct 26, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #226 of 240

Oct 26, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #227 of 240

WOW amazing stuff... Due to family stuff ( wife at Jefferson for the last 2 weeks, and me having to get her REALLY but a damper on my ability to be there... :frowning2: So much really great stuff and she pics the time to come out of the

hospital today so I can't go without a LOT Of complications. I REALLY do need to master the Ninjutsu art of being in 2 places at the same time, LIFE would be SOOOOO much easier....
I had blast at the last one but this one was NOT meant to be... :frowning2:  I am sure there be a next one and unless something bad happens again I'll be there... Looks like too much fun going on! :)

Oct 26, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #228 of 240
Thank you to everyone who came out today!

I hope you all had as much fun as I did.

A special thank you to Justin at HeadAmp and Jack at Woo Audio who brought their equipment down today.

Also a big thank you to Audeze for sending their brand new headphones the LCD-X and LCD-XC to be auditioned.

Also to HifiMan for use of the HE-6 and for giving away a pair of RE-600's to a lucky attendee!

I am on my way to a photography shoot this evening, if someone could start a thread for pictures and impressions I would appreciate it.

Oct 26, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #233 of 240
Thanks, Lee. This was my first Head-Fi meet, and Josh and I had a great experience. Loved the LCD-X with the Woo WA6-SE combination that Jack brought. With hi-res well-recorded source material the mids were rich but not too warm, the bass tight and tuneful, attack/definition was outstanding, lots of air around instruments and vocalists. Oh, and the soundstage was just amazing. I liked those better than the Abyss 'phones on the Woo big SE monoblocks. Liked the Alpha Dogs, but was surprised when we compared them to Colin's Denon AH-D7000s on a Matrix M-Stage amp. With strings, the Denons rendered the wood of the violins beautifully. The same passage sounded more metallic on the Alpha Dogs. Don't know if that a synergy issue. Anyway, thanks for your time, the venue and your generousity!  

Oct 26, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #235 of 240
Thanks, Lee. This was my first Head-Fi meet, and Josh and I had a great experience. Loved the LCD-X with the Woo WA6-SE combination that Jack brought.  

Jack didn't bring the 6SE. Zheng did.

Oct 26, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #236 of 240

Of all the times fro my wife to make sure I couldn't go at the last minuted... Maybe next time. It would have been SO nice hearing all the good stuff...

Glad it was a blast!

Oct 26, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #237 of 240
Pictures are up in the Impressions thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/687628/philadelphia-are-meet-10-29-leesure-extravaganza

Users who are viewing this thread

Back