Pegasus iem by FranQL
Jun 16, 2023 at 5:30 AM Post #16 of 26
Is there any graph? Since these buds are not available, at least I can roughly get the tuning direction based on measurements

Jun 16, 2023 at 6:09 AM Post #17 of 26
Is there any graph? Since these buds are not available, at least I can roughly get the tuning direction based on measurements

It's a balanced set from the graph I've seen but that I don't have to hand. Similar in tuning to VE SIE but more uppermid presence and with less midbass and low mid emphasis. Looks very clean.

Jul 8, 2023 at 5:57 PM Post #18 of 26
While I have not heard them, I can tell you that I already know they are fantastic, because I have spoken with him about these, and he worked his tail off on getting these JUST right for his vision (and it WAS a vision that he was bound and determined to make true). He has had them finished something like 2 or 3 times now, and every time he was just not satisfied with them. There is a LOT of love/caring and craft put into these.

On top of that, he is a VERY skilled earbud DIYer, and I have some that he has made that sound better than all the store bought ones I have heard or have in my possession. So, don't let the modesty fool you. I can bet dollars to doughnuts that these are indeed amazing.

Jul 8, 2023 at 8:24 PM Post #19 of 26
This set if IEM is even rarer than subtonic storm :dt880smile:

Jul 8, 2023 at 8:34 PM Post #21 of 26
This set if IEM is even rarer than subtonic storm :dt880smile:

I'm afraid so. They are hand enamelled with every bit of love her creator can muster and this process takes time! 😁

Jul 13, 2023 at 2:12 PM Post #22 of 26
While I have not heard them, I can tell you that I already know they are fantastic, because I have spoken with him about these, and he worked his tail off on getting these JUST right for his vision (and it WAS a vision that he was bound and determined to make true). He has had them finished something like 2 or 3 times now, and every time he was just not satisfied with them. There is a LOT of love/caring and craft put into these.

On top of that, he is a VERY skilled earbud DIYer, and I have some that he has made that sound better than all the store bought ones I have heard or have in my possession. So, don't let the modesty fool you. I can bet dollars to doughnuts that these are indeed amazing.
I think I've told you the same thing thousands of times, it's not modesty, it's being realistic. A good example is that all the participants in this thread have good enough things to not think of Pegasus in any case, what's more, almost all of you have AuR, which how to explain it, is like a hundred thousand times better LOL

Pegasus is only a pending account that I had with my IEM DDs, how to remove the thorn, I wanted a DD with a faithful tonality, deep basses, good voices and a sense of space, all that I could get. My IEMs (modest, of course) some had some of these characteristics, others others... but all mediocre, so I wanted a DD special for my tastes, and I made this, then I needed to know if it was up to the task, and I sent it to someone who really knows about this, because @Charlyro222 is the reference for me.

I will not do more IEM, it is very very difficult to adjust them (at least for me), even if SIE had existed at the time of the idea I would not have considered it, SIE would have been enough for me, perhaps with a little more treble, less voices thick and a bit more stage.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2023 at 4:18 PM Post #23 of 26
I think I've told you the same thing thousands of times, it's not modesty, it's being realistic. A good example is that all the participants in this thread have good enough things to not think of Pegasus in any case, what's more, almost all of you have AuR, which how to explain it, is like a hundred thousand times better LOL

Pegasus is only a pending account that I had with my IEM DDs, how to remove the thorn, I wanted a DD with a faithful tonality, deep basses, good voices and a sense of space, all that I could get. My IEMs (modest, of course) some had some of these characteristics, others others... but all mediocre, so I wanted a DD special for my tastes, and I made this, then I needed to know if it was up to the task, and I sent it to someone who really knows about this, because @Charlyro222 is the reference for me.

I will not do more IEM, it is very very difficult to adjust them (at least for me), even if SIE had existed at the time of the idea I would not have considered it, SIE would have been enough for me, perhaps with a little more treble, less voices thick and a bit more stage.
Yessir, you have told me probably a thousand times, and I have told you a thousand times in return, that I believe it to be skill/craftsmanship and aptitude, fortitude and passion. :) I want a better car, but you don't see me going out to build one to avoid having to spend the money it would take to have the things that I want included... ROFL

Either way, I know they are good, because if you like them then so do I, because you and I have VERY similar tastes in sound signatures. :sunglasses: :thumbsup: And whether you decide to build another, or go a different direction altogether, I for one, will always support you Hermano!

P.S. BTW! I think this is probably the longest post I have ever seen from you on here... It's good to see you give that old keyboard a workout. hahahaha

Jul 16, 2023 at 11:04 AM Post #24 of 26
Pegasus + Special cable VE

20230716_134613.jpg

Oct 8, 2023 at 9:49 AM Post #26 of 26
Hermano your Pegasus is also a good craft, @FranQL said Pegasus wouldn't give me anything I don't have in my collection. But as other have said before it follow a tuning similar to VE SiE with cleaner bass, and is perhaps more resolving due to upper mid/low treble. I like it, and its something special knowing its made by you. Cheers FranQL

1696772744342.png

1696772959435.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back