Pearl Harbor DH Track
Feb 25, 2002 at 5:56 PM Post #2 of 2
Two weeks ago I rented Pearl Harbor on DVD and, since it was late at night when I watched, I used my headphones (S9000ES - Corda - 600). I watched disk #1 of 2 with the default audio settings without checking to see what options were available. I enjoyed so many of the small noises I know I don't hear through my TV speakers and don't focus on when listening in home theatre: crickets, feet shuffling on dirt, as well as others like the initial crack of an airplane engine as it starts.

When I switched to disk #2, after the intermission, I was surprised to find the Dolby Headphone option. I selected it and listened. I made a very half-hearted attempt to notice a difference in the sound of the film, but I was both tired and moderately engrossed in the film, and was unsuccessful in my endeavor. I can only say that I did not hear a "hit me over the head" difference in sound from the default mode presented on disk #1.

Here is a link to the press release: http://www.dolby.com/press/pa_pr_0111_PearlHarbor.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back