Pass Labs Aelph3 and AKG K1000
Dec 8, 2006 at 7:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Mikeb

100+ Head-Fier
I have just bought a Pass Labs Aleph3 power amplifier as recommended within this forum (early xmas present) to use with my AKG K1000 headphones. Previously I have been using a Sophie EL34 intergrated amplifier akong with a Sonic Super T (digital amp - not a combination I would recommend) also some 300B single ended valve amps some more succesful than others. However, on using the Aleph3 the bass tightness has improved considerably along with a refined treble, soundstage is good but could be improved. I find the amp very quite in operation both electrically and mechanically. I think the low input sensitivity helps with the very quiet electrical operation with my Trilogy 902 valve preamp, which in the past has proved to be sligthly noisy if used with a sensitive power amp.
Anyone who has the AKG K1000 headphones and is wondering what amplifier to use to drive them I urged them to try the Aleph3, which appears to be an excellent marriage with the K1000's.
Are there any mods that anyone can recommend to carry out on the Aleph3 eg. replacement of caps to bring it more up to date as it is several years old now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back