Overwhelmed and Seeking Help
Jun 7, 2004 at 12:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Yaboosh

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,

I recently purchased SR80s for use with my Kenwood HTB 205 Reciever and lower end Kenwood 5 Disc CD player. I know, I know, pieces of crap compared to what you use.

I have no headphone amp or anything, and dont have the money to spend on one right now.

My question for you is if I get a Chaintech Sound card (the 20 dollar model that everyone seems to gush about) and hook my Grados to the computer instead of the reciever, would sound quality go up? Is it best to rip cds to the harddrive and just listen straight off of there?

I apologize if this is a cliched post, I have honestly tried looking through the forums, but I am overwhelmed right now by the wealth of information found here. These forums are great though.

Thanks for any information. If I left anything out let me know and I will provide the information you need to give me an answer.

Jun 7, 2004 at 2:28 AM Post #3 of 5
In your situation, I'd visit www.ubernet.org and learn to rip your CDs onto your hard drive the best way possible. then get one of them cheap AV710s (havn't heard one myself, just going off of reccomendations!), and get yourself a nice little DIY amp...say, a Cmoy? you'd be one happy camper then!

-Z

Jun 7, 2004 at 8:03 AM Post #4 of 5
Don't use MP3, use flac or ape...
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back