Over ear BT headphones that use "new BT tech"?
Dec 30, 2023 at 9:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

NilsOlav

Head-Fier
I found some other thread from 2022 with users saying to hold off buying BT headphones due to some new tech coming out soon that allows BT headphones to be truly lossless or something like that. Is that tech out now? What is it called and what are some headphones that have the tech? Price range would be $800 at upper limit, my main usecase is going to be listening to binaural beats that work best with Hi-Fi called Gateway Hemi-sync. Bonus points if the are planar magnetic. Will use them in bed so hoping they can be worn comfortable laying down on a pillow.

Dec 31, 2023 at 7:09 AM Post #2 of 8
Is that tech out now?
Yes assuming you are referring to APTX Lossless.
Observe you need both a source and a headphone supporting Snapdragon sound.
https://www.aptx.com/snapdragon-sound

Qualcomm is also working on micro power Wi-Fi (XPAN), a far more promising approach imho as it also allows for lossless streaming up to 24/192

Jan 1, 2024 at 4:43 PM Post #3 of 8
B&W PX8 (007 Blue) with Fiio M11Pro...

I am enjoying aptXHD with my new headphones. :) :)

Attachments

• DSCF4858.jpg
    DSCF4858.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Jan 2, 2024 at 7:07 PM Post #4 of 8
I found some other thread from 2022 with users saying to hold off buying BT headphones due to some new tech coming out soon that allows BT headphones to be truly lossless or something like that. Is that tech out now? What is it called and what are some headphones that have the tech? Price range would be $800 at upper limit, my main usecase is going to be listening to binaural beats that work best with Hi-Fi called Gateway Hemi-sync. Bonus points if the are planar magnetic. Will use them in bed so hoping they can be worn comfortable laying down on a pillow.
Lots of phones have lossless Bluetooth now. Really, the sky is the limit. I recommend the Bathys, PX7/8, and MD75

Jan 2, 2024 at 7:16 PM Post #5 of 8
Lots of phones have lossless Bluetooth now. Really, the sky is the limit. I recommend the Bathys, PX7/8, and MD75

I may be mistaken, but I don’t believe any of the headphones you named actually support lossless Bluetooth

Jan 2, 2024 at 7:23 PM Post #6 of 8
I may be mistaken, but I don’t believe any of the headphones you named actually support lossless Bluetooth
Aptx is considered lossless and all of those headphones have aptx

Jan 2, 2024 at 7:24 PM Post #7 of 8

AptX adaptive is what those headphone use, and it is definitely not lossless. There is a newer AptX codec that supports lossless, but those headphone don’t support it

Jan 2, 2024 at 7:31 PM Post #8 of 8
Ah, my bad. I didn't realize that there was a specific APTX Lossless 🙄. They're all still excellent headphones. I assume LDAC is still the best quality though for wireless if you can find it and your source supports it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back