I want to know anyone had link for building a nice Speaker amp,

AC supply, and Stereo.

My stitutation is:

Source: Toshiba 5205-S505 Laptop

Speaker: Aiwa Speaker System SC-51
Music Power 35W
Normal Power 25W
Impedance 8 Ohm

Amp I wanted: Stereo, AC Supply, 1/4 + RCA Out, I/O + RCA In, $100, and Volume Control.

P.S Is it almost all the monitor speakers are in the same spec that I can plug them into this amp and still work?
confused.gif

I had a little experences on building Cmoy only. Thx for all of you guys bring me to the Audio world. I feel sorry to my wallet now.

Jun 27, 2003 at 1:51 PM Post #5 of 11
Guys, he's asking about a speaker amp for self-powered speakers. You don't need a speaker amp for this. A basic CMOY or a Meta42 is what he's looking for.

Jun 27, 2003 at 8:45 PM Post #7 of 11
You can't improve your speakers very much. You should consider getting real speakers (not computer speakers). Then you could build one of the amps people have suggested here.

Jun 28, 2003 at 7:15 AM Post #10 of 11
I HIGHLY recommend building a Gainclone. My reasons:

* They are cheap. Order good parts- use Panasonic FC 1000uF 50V caps with .1-1uF film bypass, Orange Drop coupling caps, LM3875, Vishay/Dale resistors (1/4W fine...), a nice heatsink (doesn't have to be huge) and a good (about 150+VA) tranny. You will have one sweet little amp.

*easy to build- I threw one of these suckers (using OPA541) together in a few hours, obviously taking ym time to make sure everything was correct and nice.

*sound great- OPA541s get HOT and sound crackly until they warm up. Once they are up, they sound nice. LM3875 is supposed to be even better.

One of these amps may not sound as good as the Zen or any other pure Class A amp, but, for the small amount you put into it, who can complain about sound? Over at DIYAudio.com, these little amps have generated quite a following. Simple, cheap (though they can cost a fortune- look at Peter Daniel's amps....), and sound great.

EDIT: BTW- just noticed you speakers take 25WRMS and 35 peak. That is good... Gainclones generally put out 25-50WRMS (depending on power tranny used- most prefer +/-25V for about 30W output) with a max peak of 100. Generally speaking, the amp I built does about 15-25WRMS with 35-40W peak, I'd guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back