Ordered HM-801. Have question or two.
Dec 10, 2010 at 9:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Willieboy

100+ Head-Fier
Hello fellow music lovers.  After much trepidation and reluctance, I ordered a HM-801.  All the reviews addressing the sound quality have been so positive, I had to give the unit a try.  I was reluctant to take the plunge due to the cost.

I live in Texas.  Can anyone tell me what kind of wait time is involved?

How are these units shipped?  Fed. Express, UPS, ???

Regarding the ability to use other amps, I see only a game amp available on Head-Direct.  Are there others and is there a review of available amps describing how they differ from the stock amp?  I've look for a review and have been unable to locate.

Thanks in advance,

Bill

Feb 5, 2011 at 11:44 AM Post #2 of 3
I love my HM-801.  It is my best sounding piece of equipment.  I have listened to every other player and own way too many music players.  HIFiman is the best.  I baby mine, so it does not leave the house.

Head Fi  is a good company to work with.  Fang has always worked with me without much of a problem.  I bought a very early HM-801. It had a couple of problems and he made it right.  I have had my replacement for a long time with no hardware issues.

I ordered the GAME card and I like it a lot.  I will not upgrade again.  

It took a week or two for my HiFiman to arrive.  At first I was a bit worried because I was dealing with an unknown company.  Like I said above, Fang made everything good.

You will love your HIFiman because of the sound.  The firmware is a little bit shaky, but I'm and old man and listen to complete "albums".  So I don't make playlists or shuffle my music too often with my HiFiman.  

I just put the best albums on it and play the whole thing.

One thing you need to be aware of, is that the HiFiman is not gapless.  If you need gapless (think Dark Side of the Moon), you will have to make one giant flac file and then use cue sheets to play one song at a time.

I usually make a giant flac of concept albums like dark side or The Lamb Lies Down and play them from beginning to end, so it does not bother me.

I am really pleased with my HiFiman!  Thats the most important thing.  It's my personal music oasis and it's the best sound that I own.  

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back