options for bass boosting ps4 and XB1 optical (spdif) output
Dec 6, 2015 at 1:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

227qed

500+ Head-Fier
So here's a bit of background on what I'm trying to accomplish.

I just got some JVC HA-SZ2000s, which are currently regarded as the bass kings and are awesome for movies and games. However, to reach their full potential they need to be EQed or have an amp with a STRONG bass boost.

A fiio A3 works out of the ps4 controller 3.5 mm jack, but the bast boost isn't strong enough for my tastes. Also, it doesn't work out of the xb1 controller jack, so I feel like my best options are:

1) console --> dac/amp with spdif input and bass boost --> headphones

E.g. micro idsd

Or

2) Console --> music player with dac for spdif input and eq --> amp --> headphones.

E.g. ? --> cayin or jds labs c5

Or

3) console --> dac with spdif input --> amp --> headphones

E.g. ? --> Vorzamp duo amp (supposedly the strongest bass boost)

Not sure if option 2 is viable, as I am too unfamiliar with the capabilities of music players, e.g. fiio x5 for modulating and converting data from external sources.

Option 1 could be a micro idsd, but I'm afraid the bass boost won't be strong enough for the money.

Vorzuge duo amp seems like it has awesome bass boost but Id still need a dac with spdif input so that seems too costly.

Budget is $500 and looking to listen to a lot of music as well. Suggestions and thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Dec 6, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #2 of 2
To add to my above post, the most power my cans will handle is 1600 mW at 16 ohm and I will use an android phone as my other main source if I go the dac/amp only route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back