openmg not transferring artist names to MZN1?
Dec 4, 2002 at 7:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Ewok

Head-Fier
Sent quite a while nicely typing in all the artist names for a compilation. tried to record the thing only to find its completely ignored all te artist names and simply just put the song names on there.

Whats more, theres absolutely no reason what so ever why it cant do it, because I then had to go and edit them all, putting the artist name and song title into the 'title' column in the format i wanted it in in the first place <artist> - <song>, and recorded it. problem solved, it then had the artist names and songs.

So anyone know why this thing is such an utter pile of ****? or have i done something wrong here? because im sure as hell not going to keep editing the names of every bluddy thing i have when i have already added mp3 tags, and can use cddb to get the track names and artists listed automatically, and then have to rename the whole lot just because this program is quite possibly the worst piece of non-crashing software ever written.

I mean jesus christ, its not exactly NEW software anymore so they obviously dont class this as any kind of bug or it would have been sorted by now.

As you can probably tell this openmg crap is really p*****g me off.

Dec 4, 2002 at 8:03 PM Post #2 of 6
oh and on top of that, i just tried to convert a cd. for some reason it recorded the cd to hdd without asking me what format to put it in. so its recorded it in lp2. I have no idea how to get it to record it into standard stereo from the cd or why it just decided to use lp2 all by itself.

Its honestly at the top of my list for the worst piece of software ever made. and im a computing graduate, i shouldnt have a problem using a piece of software to do something as simple as transfer some files to a md.

Dec 4, 2002 at 8:22 PM Post #3 of 6
I don't think openmg or the NetMD simple burner can record in standard stereo mode. openmg seems to limit the ATRAC bitrate to 135kbps, 105kbps, and 66kbps. I tried the simple burner (less of a pain to use but can't let you convert mp3s) and that also supports only LP2 and LP4.

Dec 4, 2002 at 8:52 PM Post #4 of 6
yeah it seems you can only use lp2 or lp4 when ripping. however u can record to the netmd in sp mode but thats pointless as its in lp2 or lp4 to start with so wont be any better quality, as explained above.

im gonna try and get sonicstage 1.5, hopefully that will be at least a bit better.

Dec 5, 2002 at 2:20 AM Post #5 of 6
their SP is simply LP2 that takes up more space. it's dumb. for maximum quality you should still be using the optical cable with realtime recording.

Dec 5, 2002 at 12:42 PM Post #6 of 6
looks to me like theres a LOT of dumb things about sony and these netmd's and i certainly wouldnt have bought one if i had know what i know now.

they arent doing themselves any favours because next time it comes to buying something i will think twice about whether to even consider sony or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back