Open the Pod bay doors PLEASE Hal...
Sep 9, 2002 at 10:07 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by MacDEF

LOL! Oh, I've tried them -- at the Expo in July there were rows and rows of them
smily_headphones1.gif
I even have a friend who's a developer, so I can get the 20GB model for $399; I just don't have the cash right now...!

$399 ? Holy Cannoli, here take my card
biggrin.gif

Sep 9, 2002 at 10:48 PM Post #17 of 19
I'm sitting on my hands to prevent them reaching for my card right now... I'll obviously have Jaguar shortly, with iTunes 3 and, well, an iPod is the only sane choice, isn't it.

It's just I'm kind of waiting with a vague anticipation that Apple might, just, come out with a recording version so I can ditch my MD stuff. So far, not a peep. I might just have to be tempted by a playback-only unit...

Sep 9, 2002 at 11:08 PM Post #18 of 19
Magic, the only reason I really doubt that they come out with a recording version in the near future is that they would have to dramatically alter the design of it to accomodate that feature (hardwarewise, that is). Besides, I think Steve Jobs is going to take his time before introducing new hardware features to the Ipod in order to see what kind of mileage Apple gets from the "windows" market he's opened the doors to. I say go for it.

Highway, Remember to get the Compusa TAP plan for your ipod. It's a great plan for $30. I had problems with my original 5 gig ipos and got a 20gig for it, while also paying the difference for it. Apple''s warrenty is only for one year, while this is a 2 year plan.

Sep 10, 2002 at 12:28 AM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by Magicthyse
I'm sitting on my hands to prevent them reaching for my card right now... I'll obviously have Jaguar shortly, with iTunes 3 and, well, an iPod is the only sane choice, isn't it.

It's just I'm kind of waiting with a vague anticipation that Apple might, just, come out with a recording version so I can ditch my MD stuff. So far, not a peep. I might just have to be tempted by a playback-only unit...

I hear iTunes is sweet, you'll be in fat city with the Pod. You might be waiting a long time for a recording unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back