Open Earbuds?
Nov 28, 2016 at 10:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Gitman

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for some earbuds that are like open back headphones where you can hear things around you in your environment. I'm just looking for something decent, not super expensive. Thanks.

Nov 28, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #2 of 5
Only thing I can think of is the Phillips fidelio s1/s2. They are "semi closed" which is as close as you can get to open back with IEMs AFAIK. Here's a link to the s1 on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00EP9RPRI/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480393959&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=phillips+fidelio+s1&dpPl=1&dpID=41%2B0Zx8ymjL&ref=plSrch

Nov 28, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #3 of 5
  I'm looking for some earbuds that are like open back headphones where you can hear things around you in your environment. I'm just looking for something decent, not super expensive. Thanks.

Is this for use with a phone or a Fiio player? If so, the Fiio EM3 for just $10 is a great bargain. Many have a problem with traditional earbuds falling out of their ears while they are active. For use while active, the JVC HAEB75  has adjustable  rubber ear hooks that will keep the earphones on your ears. The EM3 sounds much better than the HAEB75, as the HAEB75 is bass deficient. When I use the HAEB75, I boost the bass by 10 db on my player's equilizer. Most high quality traditional earbuds have been discontinued. You can still find Yuin ones on Amazon though. The Yuin PK3 is $37. The other Yuin models are over $70. The Sennheiser MX365 is available on Amazon for around $16, however it didn't get such great reviews. If it is for a phone or Fiio player that can take a 4 conductor plug, then the Fiio EM3 would probably be a better choice than the MX365. As for the Yuin PK3 vs the Fiio EM3, I have never heard the Yuin EM3. I have the Fiio EM3 and like it very much.

Nov 28, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #4 of 5
If you want earbuds and want to listen to your environment, you can buy Apple Earbuds.

Jkjk, all jokes aside, Bose has a good lineup of Earbuds oriented towards sports (they still sound great), meaning that they're open so you can hear a car coming at you if you're on a jog.

Nov 29, 2016 at 12:04 AM Post #5 of 5
  If you want earbuds and want to listen to your environment, you can buy Apple Earbuds.

Jkjk, all jokes aside, Bose has a good lineup of Earbuds oriented towards sports (they still sound great), meaning that they're open so you can hear a car coming at you if you're on a jog.

Imo Bose earphones fall into the category of "super expensive" for what they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back