Open backed headphones to IEM
Mar 25, 2024 at 6:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

NJT1000

New Head-Fier
Open backed headphones to IEM

At home I have Beyerdynamics T1 and Topping DX7 Pro, but I’m considering some IEMs for my commute, both on a train/tube and walking in a city.

I have an iPhone14, but I also have an ifi xDSD portable DAC

I’m fine with refurbs, but a bit concerned about used.

Budget is around £400 or lower.

I listen to quite a wide range of music but predominantly stuff like Rolling Stones, RadioHead, Black Keys, but also female vocals such as Amber Rubarth, but then flip to First Aid Kit or even classical.

I’d like a warmer sound, because it’s not going to be critical listening. I’d also like for people close by not to be able to hear my music and for me not to hear them so much either.

Mar 26, 2024 at 4:34 AM Post #2 of 2
Are you near, or would you be willing to travel to, London?

I ask because, later this summer, you'll be able to try out all manner of IEMs at CanJam London 2024. And should you find something that suits you, many of the exhibitors there will have special show discounts that can't be had anywhere else. If that's an option for you, then I'd simply get something cheap and cheerful in the meantime to tide you over.

If that's not in the cards for you, then might I suggest stretching your budget just a bit to consider a Noble Audio Stage 3? Hifonix currently has them on sale for £449. As I listen to almost every genre myself, I know how difficult it can be to find something that is agreeable with with a wide range of music. And at the price point you're considering, the Stage 3 fits the bill for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back