oooops I did it again... akg k81dj
Feb 11, 2007 at 9:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

TonePusher

100+ Head-Fier
Well, after having my grado sr60s for a week (and reading head-fi regularly), I bought another pair of cans. This time it's the AKG K81dj, it's only $57 shipped from djdeals.com with google checkout.

I was almost disappointed when I first listened to them. They're not as bright as the sr60s and the bass seems to overpower the mids and the highs. I had to adjust the EQ to make it as bright as I'd like. Even with that, it seems that the sound is not natural at all. But after about 8 hours of use, it seems to be more balanced. I don't know if I adjusted to them or the akgs sound is changing (burn in).

I've read a lot of reviews here about the k81djs (sorry for posting another one) and they were not kidding about the clamping force of these phones. I was starting to feel discomfort with just 5 minutes of use. They were not kidding about the cable length or the bass either.

In conclusion, I'm happy with these phones. I knew what I was getting into when I ordered the K81dj. Another reason why I bought it was the Mod-ablity, I wanted cheap phones that is easy to mod and dose not leak as much as the sr60s.

Here are some pics...

akg1.jpg

akg2.jpg

akg3.jpg

My new headphone stand
biggrin.gif

ps2stand.jpg

Feb 11, 2007 at 9:38 PM Post #4 of 6
I haven't removed the foams yet, I want to get used to the sound so I can tell the difference when I remove them.

LOL! I knew I'd get flamed with those bose speakers. Just so you guys know, I bought those long before I became a head-fi member
redface.gif

Feb 12, 2007 at 9:21 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdFireArow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SHAME!
redface.gif

x2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back