One channel gone in my Ety's after two weeks...
Jul 25, 2002 at 8:26 PM Post #16 of 28
JohnnyLightOn
Please dont take titax to serously. I am sure he was just jokeing. Sometimes we say something that just comes out not knowing that it will be taking to serously. I know you problely didn't even know about the crack and soled the etys in good faith. I am sure that they will be fixed and most likely for free so try not to take the heat when you get a post that might affend you and stay cool and enjoy the forum.

Jul 26, 2002 at 1:23 AM Post #17 of 28
OK, sorry, I didn't realize sTaTIx was joking.

I had already contacted Etymotic and made sure they were taking care of HappymaN when I read his proposal to send me spam. My prime concern was getting this Ety thing resolved, and I felt sTaTIx had not even bothered to get the facts before posting that.

I will try to lighten up. Sorry, sTaTIx.
smily_headphones1.gif

Johnny

Jul 26, 2002 at 1:33 AM Post #18 of 28
JohnnyLightOn
I see that you are fairley new here. There are a lot of members and we say all kinds of stuff sometimes just to be amuzzing. Try to never let it get to you for we are all brothers and some sisters in a common intrest head-fi and thats the end result. I would say all of the members are good hearted and have some good knolage on this stuf, So if you take the heat for any reason you lose out of that knolage. So if you dont like something just over look it and go on being the nice person that you are.

Jul 26, 2002 at 1:52 AM Post #20 of 28
JohnnyLightOn
Please forgive my spelling for I cant spell. You should have seen it when I was new here. I had members yelling at me plus I couldnot type. I am makeing some progress on my typing and some on my spelling but will probley never get it right. I have no education and am 60 years old so its a lost cause but most can get what I am trying to say. I just feel lucky to be a member here and these good members put up with me. With out this forum I would be a lonely guy like steve martain in the lonly guy. Funny movie but how true for some of us. Since I got to this forum my life has become much more exceiting. So thanks all.

Jul 26, 2002 at 2:08 AM Post #21 of 28
I'm sorry that my thread has caused all this argueing.

I started the thread before I discovered the crack in the left suspect transducer housing.

Etymotic have contacted me, and have arranged for UPS to pick up the earphones from my doorstep, take them back to the US, be fixed or replaced, and delivered back to my doorstep as soon as possible. All free of charge. Very nice indeed.

I did not expect such amazing service from them - there support to their customers is second to none. I am very impressed.

Etymotic Research really know how to keep good public relations!

I'm sure they will be interested in looking at my headphones, I don't think this has ever occurred before.
cool.gif

Jul 26, 2002 at 2:36 AM Post #22 of 28
Outstanding! Lets us know the final resolution to your problem. Companies that take care of thier customers need to be supported and it seems Etymotic Research is making the extra effort to make you a happy.

Jul 26, 2002 at 2:42 AM Post #23 of 28
HappymaN
I toald you that you would be surprised at the service that you might get. Good luck and keep us posted on thier return. Dont forget they might need some brakin if new.

Jul 26, 2002 at 1:13 PM Post #24 of 28
Wow.. I'm really impressed with what they're doing. I've had to deal with sending service for more expensive items and have never received anything close to what they're doing for you. Sure, I finally got Samsung to replace my television, but it took months of bitching. Toshiba was not much better. Hooray for Etymotic Research!

Jul 26, 2002 at 6:04 PM Post #25 of 28
Hello everyone,

Congratulations HappymaN ! Reading a similar story a while back made me a little more comfortable shelling out the bucks for a pair of 4P's. (Etymotics had done an out of warranty repair for someone free of charge). Can't beat that. So I went for them and have been enjoying them ever since... Hope you get'm back soon ! Enjoy !

Aug 12, 2002 at 6:53 PM Post #26 of 28
I don't have Happyman's RMA information, but I have yet to see any kind of crack that could reduce the level of the ER-4

The transducer is epoxied down inside the ER-4 the tube coming out the front is to deliver the sound. If stem was cracked to the poing where the sound would leak out past the eartip somehow the bass would be reduced. A crack in the end of the stem is strictly a visual problem unless the filter will no longer sit in the stem.

I am pretty sure that the problem was a clogged filter. This is the usual cause of this type of failure. If the unit was dropped repeadly without any eartips there could be shock damage to the transducer. If Happyman PM's me with his RMA number or name I can track down his repair.

Don Wilson
Etymotic Research

Users who are viewing this thread

Back