OK leaving Portable Micro amp/DAC plugged in?
Jan 12, 2009 at 2:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

purrin

aka Marvey, purr1n
Member of the Trade: Eddie Current
It is OK leaving the Portable Micro amp/DAC plugged it for several days at a time? And also is it OK to use the amp/DAC while its being charged?

Jan 12, 2009 at 2:57 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by purrin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is OK leaving the Portable Micro amp/DAC plugged it for several days at a time? And also is it OK to use the amp/DAC while its being charged?

Hello Purrin,

We recommend turning off the Portable Micro Amp unit when not listening since leaving it turned on will drain the internal battery.

Also, we recommend listening to the Portable Micro Amp only while "unplugged" from AC power for best lithium battery life; If you're listening while plugged in, the battery drain will be faster than the incoming charge. Keep in mind you should fully charge the Portable Micro completely [w/o listening!] for 2-3 hrs for maximized audio performance.

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales/Product Manager

Jan 12, 2009 at 3:14 AM Post #3 of 5
thanks Jorge,

I almost always turn it off when not used - but OK if I still leave it plugged-in correct? I assume that there is a circuit inside the box to turn off charging once fully charged. I assume it's not designed like primitive battery chargers that leave the batteries hot and eventually explode them?

Jan 12, 2009 at 3:54 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by purrin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks Jorge,

I almost always turn it off when not used - but OK if I still leave it plugged-in correct? I assume that there is a circuit inside the box to turn off charging once fully charged. I assume it's not designed like primitive battery chargers that leave the batteries hot and eventually explode them?

Sure, no worries. There is indeed a charge tracking circuit within the Portable Micro that automatically turns off the amp's charging cycle after 3hrs or so... which is why you'll have to physically disconnect the plug from the rear panel of the Portable Micro and then re-insert it in order to "trigger" a new battery charging cycle (if needed).

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales/Product Manager

Users who are viewing this thread

Back