Ok guys need some serious advice here
Oct 21, 2001 at 8:14 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by MacDEF
Considering that, like Jude, I'm one of the guys with the HD600s with Clou Reds, a Max, and a great CDP (i.e. "B") <grin>, what I'm going to suggest may be surprising...

Instead of the HD600s, you might consider a pair of Etymotic ER4P with the 4P -> 4S adapter.

I say this because a PCDP/Cosmic/HD600/Clou combo will be *HELL* to carry around. Besides being huge and bulky, the Clou cable alone will be enough to trip you (and a large horse). The Clou red is almost 10 feet long and as thick as coaxial cable.

The Etys with the 4S adapter provide superb detail with the Cosmic (amazing is a word that comes to mind), and when used as the 4P with a PCDP, you have a small (um... "portable?") system that also sounds great.

OR... you could forgo the Base Station power supply and buy the Ety ER4P *and* the HD600. Then you could have the best home and portable systems.

P.S. If you decide to go with the HD600s, don't worry -- contrary to popular belief, when driven properly (Max, Cosmic, Home), the HD600 have incredible detail. You won't be disappointed.

All I have to say is [size=small]MUHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAH[/size]
very_evil_smiley.gif

Why? Because I already own a pair of ety 4p's which are [size=small]MINE ALL MINE MUAHHAHAHAHHAHA!!![/size] And I'm purchasing another pair of ety4p's and an adapter to make it a 4s
MUAHHAHAHAHAHAH
Ok so I've finally flipped and I'll explain.

The first pair of etys I'm giving to girlfriend the second pair and the adaptor MINE ALL MINE!!!

No! my dad hates canalphones so thats a no no but portability wize he's willing to lug everything in a backpack...what he ment by portable is he'll walk around the house and at work (Which IMO isnt much walking at all). Also I asked him how much does he want to listen to music at work...he says not very often.

So I think the HD600 will do him fine as with the long cable he can move around though hell have to worry about ruining the cables buts thats his prob.

The old man has a very strange way of telling me portable...I also though of etys but he hated canalphones thats why I chose the HD600 and it turns out that portable for him isnt "really" portable.

SO what about my muhahahahahas?

Since I live with my dad I'll get to use the cosmic and the etys with the 4p-4s adaptor and it didnt cost me a penny. Dont forget the good cdp

Now why wouldnt I go muhahhahaaha?

[size=medium]MUHAHHAHAHHAHA!!![/size]
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Now to keep my gpa steady so as to not disturb his "feeling rich" mood
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 21, 2001 at 8:18 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

OR... you could forgo the Base Station power supply . [/B]

No base station as I might be exceeding budget

Though he hasnt told me one but I think its in the line of $2200

(Shipping to here via FedEx is expensive)

Oct 21, 2001 at 8:58 PM Post #18 of 22
OK, so you're going to stick with the HD600s
wink.gif

I would still skip the Clou cables, though. You simply can't use them portably. The stock cables are good enough, IMO, for his application if he's going to be moving around at all.

Oct 21, 2001 at 9:18 PM Post #19 of 22
Nah, get the Clou cable. He can use the stock cable when he wants portability, and the Clou cable w/ the home unit. If he's willing to go through all the trouble of putting everything in a backpack, surely he wouldn't mind switching out the cord every now and then?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 21, 2001 at 11:59 PM Post #21 of 22
Hmm....your dad's gonna gain some serious muscles that way
biggrin.gif

Do you think that he's gonna like the Stax or AKGs? Just an opinion
There's something I really don't understand, if your dad likes walking around the house, why can't he just get an extension cable that's...what...40 feet so he can walk around the house
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 22, 2001 at 11:29 AM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by Odin
Hmm....your dad's gonna gain some serious muscles that way
biggrin.gif

Do you think that he's gonna like the Stax or AKGs? Just an opinion
There's something I really don't understand, if your dad likes walking around the house, why can't he just get an extension cable that's...what...40 feet so he can walk around the house
smily_headphones1.gif

LOL muscles is the word.....I dont think he'll carry them around much...from the way he says portable I think he wants to take em to the bathroom and then to his room and then the kitchen...I guess I might as well get him some zip ties so his wires wont get tangled and he wont trip on em...I think Ill have a special bag constructed for him
smily_headphones1.gif
. We already have an extention cable...he usues it a lot with my grado 325's
smily_headphones1.gif
and he loves them too except for those ******* bowl pads and the treble. Dont worry about senn sound as he's heard it before and he prefers it to the grados. The grados were previously mine but I gave them to him when I got the etys
biggrin.gif

He might like the AKG's but Ive never had a chance to hear them and neither has he
frown.gif

KR...

He's got two portables now both panasonics
The 570 and the 780 model
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back