Ohio mini-meet #2
Aug 30, 2004 at 10:52 PM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover
We need to get you up here for one. If the hockey strike happens you should come up.

We've never actually talked so I don't know what Tom does for a living, does it involve hockey?

On that note I shall introduce myself....

Hi Tom, my names Phil and I'm a headphone addict.
tongue.gif
rs1smile.gif

Aug 30, 2004 at 11:03 PM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero
We've never actually talked so I don't know what Tom does for a living, does it involve hockey?

On that note I shall introduce myself....

tongue.gif
rs1smile.gif

I maintain the ice for the Altlanta Thrashers at there practice facility.

Earl: If theres no Hockey season.........AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
frown.gif

Thank God I still have the season tickets to the minor league Gladiators.
icon10.gif

Aug 31, 2004 at 12:56 AM Post #18 of 24
Quote:

I shall introduce myself....
tongue.gif
rs1smile.gif

Hello Phil; Welcome to group counceling. Sorry about your wallet.
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif
rolleyes.gif
600smile.gif
icon10.gif
cool.gif
eggosmile.gif

Aug 31, 2004 at 2:28 AM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins
I maintain the ice for the Altlanta Thrashers at there practice facility.

Niiiiiiiiiiice. So I guess you got to see a game or two.
wink.gif

Aug 31, 2004 at 6:34 PM Post #20 of 24
Hi Ohio Mini-Meeters,
Did anyone get a chance to compare the Headroom Max you had there with either of the MPX-3's on hand? Or the Eddie Current? I have a Max and am waiting for my MPX-3 to be built. Should be about 10 more days now. The Max sounds really great to me with my Senn 650's, just wondering what anyone else thinks.

Aug 31, 2004 at 6:52 PM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Niiiiiiiiiiice. So I guess you got to see a game or two.
wink.gif

I have a hockey fans dream job. I pass up more games than I go to. BY FAR the best part of my job is during training camp. Nothing like watching a bunch of millionaires fighting for there jobs. I also like this time of year or this summer when the players are more relaxed and its on more of a personal level than during the season. It was nice getting to know some of the foreign players when they were working out for the world championships this summer also. Plus, hey....everybody likes the Zamboni driver!
icon10.gif
wink.gif

Aug 31, 2004 at 7:18 PM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins
I have a hockey fans dream job. I pass up more games than I go to. BY FAR the best part of my job is during training camp. Nothing like watching a bunch of millionaires fighting for there jobs. I also like this time of year or this summer when the players are more relaxed and its on more of a personal level than during the season. It was nice getting to know some of the foreign players when they were working out for the world championships this summer also. Plus, hey....everybody likes the Zamboni driver!
icon10.gif
wink.gif

Sounds like it's a really great job but it's the perks that go along with it that really make it. Being Canadian and a big hockey fan I have to say I'm jealous.
biggrin.gif

Aug 31, 2004 at 8:06 PM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by sc53
Hi Ohio Mini-Meeters,
Did anyone get a chance to compare the Headroom Max you had there with either of the MPX-3's on hand? Or the Eddie Current? I have a Max and am waiting for my MPX-3 to be built. Should be about 10 more days now. The Max sounds really great to me with my Senn 650's, just wondering what anyone else thinks.

I have heard all and I should be able to cook up some impressions soon.

Sep 1, 2004 at 1:14 AM Post #24 of 24
Quote:Hi Ohio Mini-Meeters,

Well it's kinda unfair cause you are compairing apples to oranges. The Max is no doubt great but it can't compete with the tube naturealness of the HD25 let alone the SinglePowers. Tube warmth and texture, where's that with the Max?? Now in solid state world it's one of, if not the best. I liked it just a tad more than the solid state Double modded Sudgen.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back