OH BABY! Sexy MG Head DT Power Tubes!!
Jul 31, 2001 at 8:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

briantf27

100+ Head-Fier
Somebody stop me. I'm about to buy these:

Jul 31, 2001 at 8:41 PM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by acidtripwow
Hey, I have some of those coming soon that I purchased. I wonder how they sound with the Telefunken 12AX7 I now have in there.

If you don't mind, how much were they? And how did each one test out?

Where'd you get 'em?

THX!

Brian.

Jul 31, 2001 at 8:50 PM Post #4 of 12
Sexy tubes? This has really gone too far.....

Jul 31, 2001 at 8:57 PM Post #6 of 12
You see something really hot?

Check these puppies out :

kr57.jpg

kr55-.jpg
kr56-.jpg

Jul 31, 2001 at 9:01 PM Post #7 of 12
Hey, you gotta play fair!! Those hotties won't work in my Head DT amp!!!!!

Jul 31, 2001 at 9:05 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by raymondlin
Where can you get Amperex or Siemen tubes? The only NOS tubes I can find are Mullard ones, and which one is considered to be the best? (it's be for X-CANv2)

What kind of tubes are in that amp? We can make suggestions, but the "best" is subjective. I love Amperex Bugle Boy 12AX7s, more than Mullard, Telefunken, GE black plate 5751, and Raytheon 5751. I'm still hunting for Sylvania Gold Brands which are supposed to top the Bugle Boys, though.

So, you see... It is really up to you to try them and see what you like. It is part of this hobby, and fun because each tube *will* impart its own characteristics on the sound of your music.

Also, when it is back up, read "Joe's Tube Lore" on www.audioasylum.com - he reviews in depth many 12AX7s and 5751s there, describing the sonic characteristics of each.

Have fun with it!

Brian.

Jul 31, 2001 at 9:09 PM Post #9 of 12
It's be the E88CC/6922s I am looking for, I already have a spare pair of JAN/Phillips and a pair of Mullards. Just waiting the Warranty to expire.

so where are the Amperex, Telefunken, GE black plate, Raytheon and Sylvania Gold Brands can be found?

I have used trode.com but they charge really high prices for NOS tubes! $35 for just 1 tube!!!!!!

Jul 31, 2001 at 9:47 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by acidtripwow
briantf27, I got them off of ebay for $40 a pair. I forgot what they tested at.

Acid

That's a phenominal price for Bugle Boy EL84s. They're probably not matched (which doesn't matter too much). I wonder if they are out of Holland. There are many varieties.

The ones I'm looking at have never been used and have the sought-after "D" getter. They're gonna cost $100/pair.

Brian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back