Official Head-Fi Houston Fall Meet Impressions: Saturday - October 20th, 2018 @ Looscan Library
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 21, 2018 at 6:03 PM Post #2 of 4
OMG I miss those Focal Clears already. I am still shaking off those scary latent impressions of music engineer denials that Karen Carpenter’s tonal shifts are warning signs that she needs to eat something fast. Too bad Snicker’s commercials could not catch up fast enough for her times.:triportsad:

Oct 25, 2018 at 10:43 AM Post #4 of 4
OMG I miss those Focal Clears already. I am still shaking off those scary latent impressions of music engineer denials that Karen Carpenter’s tonal shifts are warning signs that she needs to eat something fast. Too bad Snicker’s commercials could not catch up fast enough for her times.:triportsad:

Know what you mean about the Focal Clears, even though I didn't hear them again at the meet. Like them much better than the Elears... they just plain do everything better and are not so in your face like the Elears. Remind me very much of my L300 Limiteds. For me the surprise at the meet was the STAX SR-007, which I have heard before - but not ever on my system. I have said in the past I prefer the Lambdas over the Omegas, which was true... but hearing that SR-007 over my RME ADI-2 DAC / NAD C275BEE stereo amp / Mjolnir SRD-7 combo changed my perspective on them. They really clearly outdo the L300 limited with L700 pads/L700 headband... both in bass/subbass and detail while still sounding very similar. I've heard the SR-007 before off a Yggy / Carbon CC combo and came away liking the Lambdas better. This DAC + amp combo however really makes me like the SR-007 more. Would love to hear the SR-009/S on my system now... because I liked the SR-009 better than the SR-007 in the past.

The Mobius 7.1 demo was nice, though I own one and am familiar with it ... don't really use it for surround though, just mainly for wireless 2 channel music listening. My wish would be for Audeze to make a less plasticky/ more upscale wireless model with better materials and slimmed down design. The Mobius is just too cheap feeling and gamer looking though I do like how it sounds. Will probably be selling mine since prefer my Argon's for sound, comfort, and use in gaming - they have a unique sound quality to them that is one of the very few planars I actually really like, Mobius being about the only other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back