NuForce NE-7M or SoundMagic PL-12 / PL-20?
Jan 1, 2009 at 10:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

kmhaynes

Headphoneus Supremus
I may have to replace my MP3 player as the headphone jack is failing, so instead of easily being able to buy some NuForce NE-7Ms, I may not be able to pay for them and a new player.

So are either of the Sound Magic PL-12 or PL-20, at just under $20 close enough to the NE-7Ms, or should I save my money and get them over the SoundMagics??

If the SoundMagics are nearly as good, which would you suggest -- 12 or 20s? I want a balanced sound with good bass and treble -- no bloated bass or thin bass or muffled highs.

BTW, I already have some PK3s and Sony MDR-E829 (which are very good for only $15 -- dry and crisp, as opposed to the warmer, more liquid sounding PK3s).

Jan 2, 2009 at 3:48 AM Post #2 of 6
Why would you want a pair of SoundMagic phones if you have PK3s? Isolation? If you want a gratis pair of SL30s, PM me. To me, PK3s are much better portable phones than the PL30s, but that's just me.

Jan 2, 2009 at 5:22 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why would you want a pair of SoundMagic phones if you have PK3s? Isolation? If you want a gratis pair of SL30s, PM me. To me, PK3s are much better portable phones than the PL30s, but that's just me.

I don't have any isolation earphones, and just trying to find some good phones that don't cost me a ton. Thx for the PL-30 offer, but I don't think I want to mess with over the ear cords -- that's why I was asking about the PL-12 or -20s.

Since both the NE-7Ms and SoundMagic phones had recent runs of interest hear, I was just wondering if anyone thinks the PL-12 or 20 compare with the NE-7M if I can't swing the $60 for them. 2 kids in college, etc, etc.!

Jan 2, 2009 at 5:32 AM Post #5 of 6
I agree, NuForce is much better in all respects in comparision to the PL12, PL20 or PL30 for that matter. I have listened to all and I gave the Soundmagic phones away and kept the NuForce.

Jan 2, 2009 at 5:51 AM Post #6 of 6
OK, thanks. I figured as much, but just thought I'd get some confirmation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back