Now that's some nice cocobolo!
Mar 14, 2008 at 4:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

wakeride74

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm looking to make my first step into the 1911 world and have been doing a lot of digging. I've heard almost nothing negative about the work Bob is doing at Fusion Firearms . I'm going to the range tomorrow to rent a few... probably Kimber, Springfield, and maybe a S&W but I sure am interested in something from fusion. The price point is super competitive! If anyone here has had experience with these please share or PM me!

2267950328_65dc28cdd91.jpg

9mm118-21.jpg

2267162879_1ea042b5871.jpg

9mm118-11.jpg

Mar 14, 2008 at 6:03 PM Post #2 of 15
Not really a gun guy...but that's nice. Very clean and sophisticated looking.

Mar 14, 2008 at 10:51 PM Post #4 of 15
It would be cool to sit at a Desktop with some Cocobola Darths on and these Fusions on the table...go ahead make my day!!!

Mar 15, 2008 at 12:35 AM Post #6 of 15
that is one very, very nice weapon. My own reservations about firearms aside, I have to admit, I've always wanted a small arsenal of finely honed handguns and rifles. One day, when the fallout shelter is ready. Seriously.

PS... how typical is it for a man to find a pistol sexy? Am I wrong?
tongue.gif

Mar 15, 2008 at 5:22 AM Post #9 of 15
Like oicdn, I've never really been a gun guy, but those are just really beautiful. Wow. Do they do knives? I'll have to poke around. Anyway, beautiful work. Thanks for the post.

Mar 16, 2008 at 6:05 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My picture taking ability sucks, but here is my Norinco 45. The cocobolo is much nicer up close, please click on the thumbnail to view the full size picture.

Para-Ordnance makes some wonderul pieces, I have been meaning to get one. Para : Homepage

Very nice! I really like the look of the Para's but I've just read so many mixed reports on FTF issues, bad springs, etc. that I've kind of talked myself out of them.

I went to the range yesterday and rented a Springer Loaded and a S&W (not sure which model) both in the .45 ACP. They had a new Springer Operator which I held and it felt perfect in my hands so I am really leaning towards that but I may try and grab a Fusion as well.

Needless to say after shooting some 1911's for my first time I'll be selling my HK USP .40. Many have I been missing out!

Voltron - Baby is great, the light of my life! I've been spending a lot less time online and more with family and out doing stuff. My poor PS-1's are dust collectors
frown.gif
I could not be happier with my UE-11 and Pico rig though... it seems to have quenched my upgradeidus thirst!

Mar 16, 2008 at 6:33 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PS... how typical is it for a man to find a pistol sexy? Am I wrong?
tongue.gif

My friend informed me that guys are attracted to things that resemble a certain male anatomical part (whether in looks or function), and it sure does look like that's the reason at this rate.
biggrin.gif

Mar 16, 2008 at 11:06 PM Post #14 of 15
wakeride74;3953209 said:
...Needless to say after shooting some 1911's for my first time I'll be selling my HK USP .40. Many have I been missing out!...QUOTE]

I firmly believe that the 45 ACP is a round easy to master, its low muzzle velocities do not creat the massive recoil some talk about. Provided of course it fits your hand, and the back strap is the correct one for you. I prefer the flat as you can see by the picture I posted.

Good luck on your 45 search!

Mar 26, 2008 at 11:02 AM Post #15 of 15
I'm not a gun guy, I prefer sharp pointy things. And I love Cocobolo. I've worked with that wood before. Of course, I was fortunate since it's toxic stuff and causes nasty allergic reactions with some people. I was fine after covering myself with cocobolo saw dust.

My first real gent's knife will probably have cocobolo scales or perhaps Amboyna since it's sooooo purdy.

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back