Novafidelity/ Cocktailaudio HA500H with high Impedance Headphones
Oct 11, 2023 at 3:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

HeadFierUsername2022

Previously known as blckmag
Hello,

I just acquired the HA500H. I' ve set it up, however something doesn't live up to the hype.
I need to raise the volume knob to 70 to drive my high Impedance T1' s Headphones (High mode, Unbalanced) , and 80% on my 25 Ohm Unbalanced Denon.
My FE Elise hits harder with my current setup (with Violectric DAC V800) and I am only 50% . Is this normal, or is my unit defective?
I' ve put the Cocktailaudio as DAC source in my F.E. Elise, and it slaps even harder at only 40% (can't go higher than that) .

Questions:
* Is the Amp from the HA500H so underwhelming with the standard 6.3 mm output Jack Unbalanced?
** Or is it just with the high impedance Headphones?
*** Or even worst, I have a faulty unit?

Source input on the HA500H- USB
Source input on the V800- Optic

L.E. : I called from the list of official distributors. One of them told me they bring their products (unless you pre- ordered) , and the other one was open and told me directly to sell it if I bought it (even before telling him what I need) , afterwards explaining me they are absolute garbage, and the 5 they managed to sell,they had to send them back for defects and it ended with the clients buying something else altogether. That is why, they cut ties with them ,and don't understand why they (the shop) are still pushed as sellers/ distributors.

Conclusion: Garbage product that will be returned- avoid.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back