not seeing pix in classifieds
Nov 18, 2010 at 1:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Jo6Pak

100+ Head-Fier
i have the latest versions of both flash and java, do i need older versions or something else entirely?  using google chrome & windows xp...

THANKS!

EDIT:  seems to be intermittent, cuz now they are showing.  must be a server issue...

Nov 20, 2010 at 7:07 PM Post #3 of 9
no specific link, just the classified section in general.  i mostly look at amps, cans and accessories.  when it happens (pix not loading), it also happens to the pic(s) posted within the ads themselves. everything looks fine at the moment. i am, however, on a different machine now.

problem could lie with the dell gx280 i use at work.  this one i am on now (home-built) also runs win xp, but the browser is firefox.

i'll see how it looks on monday when i'm back at work.  even there, however, sometimes the pix load and sometimes they don't, which led me to believe it was one of your servers and not the pc.

i have another machine here that runs win 7 ultimate and chrome.  will check it from that one too, next time i fire it up.

thanks for your interest...    

Nov 22, 2010 at 7:48 AM Post #5 of 9
yeh, i'm beginning to think its all about that dell machine i use at work.  my windows 7 machine at home also loads them just fine.

dunno WHY though.  the dell machine is fully patched.

thanks, guyz...

Nov 23, 2010 at 8:03 AM Post #7 of 9
here's what i'm getting today, when i right-click on a broken pic link and choose open in new tab (at work, on the dell desktop):

This Page Cannot Be Displayed

The host name resolution (DNS lookup) for this host name ( assets.head-fi.org ) has failed. The Internet address may be misspelled or obsolete, the host ( assets.head-fi.org ) may be temporarily unavailable, or the DNS server may be unresponsive.

Please check the spelling of the Internet address entered. If it is correct, try this request later.

If you have questions, or if this condition persists, please contact your corporate network administrator and provide the codes shown below.

[size=medium]
Notification codes:  (1, DNS_FAIL, assets.head-fi.org)
[/size]

Nov 24, 2010 at 9:35 AM Post #9 of 9
its something to do with the browser (chrome portable).  just checked it with firefox (also portable) and the pix load fine on the same machine.  now, to figure out why...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back