[Noob!] Starter PC Audio Set
Oct 20, 2014 at 10:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

joeeboh

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, 

A little self intro here: I started appreciating good audio when I first came across the Fischer Audio Eternas back in 2009. Along the way I've picked up stuff like the UE Triplefis and the Westone 3s, straight out of an iPod Classic. 

Until now I still can't say for sure that I have a preference for a certain sound signature, but I sure do enjoy smooth vocals and creamy mids (even as my choice of IEMs may suggest otherwise). 

Recently, I have been tinkering with the idea of setting up a basic PC audio system for my room of about 4m x 4m (12' by 12'). I'd appreciate any kind of advice that you guys may have:

PC > DAC (ELE D02) > Amp (Lepai LP-2020A+) > Bookshelf Speakers (Pioneer SP-BS22-LR or Dayton B652)

Some Queries

I have no idea as to what interconnects I should be getting.

Also, would the Lepai be sufficient to drive the speakers?

Any alternatives I should be looking at? 2.0 systems with minimal cabling preferred, but good sound (mids especially) are paramount. 

I am on a tight budget of about $150, but am willing to spend if there is a alternative with a better price/performance ratio. 

So yeah, what do you think?

Oct 20, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #2 of 4

PC or iPod or Fiio X1 > DAC (Lepai LP-2020A+) > Bookshelf Speakers (Pioneer SP-BS22-LR)

I am on a tight budget of about $150, but am willing to spend if there is a alternative with a better price/performance ratio. 

You can't use a DAC with the Fiio X1; also it has a decent DAC in it already. Not sure about your particular tastes and the sound of these speakers with that amp, but you can hook up the X1 directly to that amp with the right cable (3.5mm to RCA).

Oct 21, 2014 at 4:57 AM Post #3 of 4
The Lepai is an amp, not a DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back