Noob-need help with headphones/earphones descision
Dec 26, 2005 at 11:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

legolas52

Head-Fier
I was thinking of buying an KSC-75. I heard they are good, on the forums here. Are they? How much bass do they have? I have an x5 which gives a ton of bass, and I don't like bass much. I want just a little. Are they overlly full w/bass? Also, are they right-angle?

I was also thinking of buying some earphones. What do you suggest? I'm in the "cheapo" range: under $30. I don't really like ear plugs when they go INTO your ear. Some which go in a little are ok, but I prefer just normal earphones. What do you reccomend? What do you think of the Sennheir 400/500?

Thanks a lot-for helpin' a noob.

Dec 26, 2005 at 11:56 PM Post #2 of 3
The KSC-75s do have a rather large, sloppy bass to them compared to higher-quality headphones, which is one reason they excel so much for portable use. They don't have a completely right-angle plug, I'd say it's about 70° off straight.

If you're looking for canalphones that only go in a little, top of the pile would be EP630s (Creative's version of Sharp's MD33 with a normal length and shape cord and no silly 4-pole plug) or the JVC FX55s. For normal earbuds, Sennheiser MX400/450/500/550 are fine, but the Sony E888s are better, especially when modded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back