Noob here looking for a good headphone amp
Nov 22, 2014 at 3:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

hf12

New Head-Fier
I recently purchased the Sennheiser HD 650 headphones for my family to share. Its already an upgrade from what we were using before. I've read a number of threads that recommend buying a headphone amplifier to make the most out of the headphones. We all love music and will spend close to 8-10 hour a day using them (will be used at work most of the time, but I work from home). What is the best amp to use with the headphones? I looked at some sites and a lot of people recommended the Asgard 2, or for a cheaper alternative the Magni, but others recommend the FiiO E17 because its a DAC and amp. Please tell me if I need to clarify anything in this or if I left anything out, as this is my first post.

Nov 23, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #4 of 5
Bsed on what is feeding your headphones the fiio e17 may be a great choice for you as it has both a dac and an amp. It is a great place to start and if you want more later on you can replace either the dac or amp aspect

Nov 30, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #5 of 5
What are the benefits of using the E17 over the Asgard2? I've read a lot about the E17 and another "all in one" solutions and users report it to not have the same quality as hardware dedicated to either an amp or DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back