Noob bought a Astell and kern SR25: Embedded Tidal or side loaded?
Feb 18, 2021 at 9:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Cunningham7494

New Head-Fier
Hi there,

Apologies if this is a dumb question but I'm new to all this.

Just got a Astell&Kern SR25 as I wanted to use Tidal to it's full extent but saw that the Tidal app that is pre installed doesn't support offline use. Downloaded an APK on to it but will this still be outputting MQA files fully unfolded?

Cheers.

Feb 18, 2021 at 3:49 PM Post #2 of 4
Hi there,

Just got a Astell&Kern SR25 as I wanted to use Tidal to it's full extent but saw that the Tidal app that is pre installed doesn't support offline use. Downloaded an APK on to it but will this still be outputting MQA files fully unfolded?

Cheers.
Yes, the Tidal apk will playback Masters, HiFi formats no problem. Offline Tidal and Apple Music was one of the main reasons I got the SR25, it works well most of the time.

There’s a thread for the SR25 here if you want to learn more
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/astell-kern-sr25-the-next-a-norma-player.926918/

Apr 20, 2021 at 5:14 PM Post #3 of 4
Apr 20, 2021 at 6:30 PM Post #4 of 4
Hi there,

Cheers.
The side loaded one is better. The UI is exactly the same as on an Android phone, and it allows you to download files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back