Noisy Office Environment Recommendations.
Nov 1, 2014 at 8:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

beardedllama

New Head-Fier
Hi, 

I just changed locations in my job and now I'm a cube wall (read: about as sound-deadening as kleenex) away from the phone switch operators, who are answering ringing phones all day. I'd like a little more peace and quiet. 

I have Shure SE215s and those do a good job at providing the isolation I need. However, it is a pain to take them in and out when people show up at my cube to ask questions, talk, etc. I'm looking for closed headphones. 

I could go ANC if I had to, but don't feel a strong desire to. 

Budget is $100-$200 but I could throw in some more if the perfect cans were out there for this situation. 

I listen to mostly rock/indie, jazz, some electronic, some folk, and some EDM. 

My computer will be driving these normally, but occasionally also an iPhone. I have a Fiio E7 as well, so cans that require an amp are definitely a possibility. 

Things I'm considering; 
Audio Technica ATH-A900X
Brainwavz HM5
AKG K550
Audio Technica ATH-ANC9 (or ANC7) 

For reference, I have owned: 
Grados SR60 - way too open for this location 
Sennheiser HD558 - absolutely love the sound but I can hear the phone operators through them
Shure SE215 - great, but a pain to take in/out frequently. 

Thank you for your help. 

Nov 1, 2014 at 8:12 PM Post #2 of 2
I'd also recommend Soundmagic HP150. To me, HP150, K550, and A900X are all similar in class, both quality and overall sound signature--someone who liked one, would probably like the others OK. HM5 is a step down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back