Mar 7, 2003 at 11:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Lilac_Wine

100+ Head-Fier
ok,
Players I am considering
sony dej-1000
iRiver 400
NJB3
I own a cosmic and ety4s phones. I plan on using the line out with the cosmic sometimes, but not all the time.

from searching the forum and my previous post it seems that the iMP400 does not have a good line out. This pretty much rules it out.

has anyone used the NJB3 line out to drive an amp? according to extreme tech the line out of the NJB3 is not great. can any one here comment on that?
http://www.extremetech.com/print_art...a=27533,00.asp

I record MP3s using EAC and Lame alt-preset-standard. How do you think the sound quality of the NJB3 will compare to the sony through the line-out/cosmic and through the headphone out?

There are to many trade offs between portable players and I can't really justify buying more than one right now.
rolleyes.gif

smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 8, 2003 at 12:02 AM Post #2 of 3
I use the line-out to a corda amp. Decent quality from my experience. The line-out measurement from the review looks pretty bad, maybe they're driving the line-out to a low Z load? I don't know...

Mar 8, 2003 at 12:27 AM Post #3 of 3
I sometimes use NJB3 lineout to my META (OPA637) -> Ety and I think these combo sound pretty decent. Lately I discover that customized Eq in NJB3 is not bad at all. I'm able to get 4s sound from 4p ones w/o adapter (using supermini through lineout). Also lineout is noticably cleaner than its headphone out. IMO this is a good all around player if size doesn't matter much to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back