Newest Post Link Malfunction
Apr 15, 2011 at 2:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

rroseperry

Headphoneus Supremus
Over the last couple of days, whenever I hit a link on the Activity Thread, rather than going to the latest post, it goes to the last time I was on the page.  Given the popularity of a given page, that could be three or four pages back.  I've been using Chrome 4.1.249 on my office machine, not sure which version I've been running at home.

Thanks in advance,

Apr 21, 2011 at 5:00 PM Post #5 of 5
Clicking on the thread title on the subscriptions page typically goes to the first post that I haven't read yet. I can use the "last post" link to skip everything and get to the most recent post.

However, when a subscribed thread has a new post that increases the page count, then clicking on the thread title seems to always take me to top of the old page rather than the unread post on the new page.

The function that parses the "newestpost" link redirects to the wrong page. Perhaps it updates the post number in the #anchor part of the link but neglects to update the page number in the redirect. That would explain why it jumps to the top (anchor not found on that page since it is only on the next one).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back