Newbie question regarding iPad Pro 12.9 (2018)
Oct 21, 2019 at 10:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Vitalstatistix

100+ Head-Fier
Hi team - I'm considering getting the iPad Pro 12.9 (2018) for work and doing a work audio setup. But I'm worried that (1) my DACs (Bifrost, Topping etc) may not work, or (2) I'd have to install drivers on the iPad Pro for the DACs to work. Anyone has any positive or negative experience in this regard? Is it a straight forward plug and play?I mainly use Spotify, Primephonic and Idagio.

And just in case (as an alternative), what streaming device could I use that would output digital via USB?

Oct 22, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #2 of 3
I guess you will not know for sure until you plug your DACs into the iPad Pro 12.9's USB-C port.
So while using an external DAC, you will not be able to run the iPad with A/C power, just the iPad's built in battery?
I'm guessing there are no add-on USB drivers (for audio products, for Apple products, either the Apple product already comes with the correct driver or it (the DAC) does not work.
My best guess is, chances are the iPad will work with your Schiit or Topping DACs.

Oct 23, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #3 of 3
Just to update the thread: Schiit gave me a good answer.
For iOS device, need a CCK cable (camera connector kit).

For Android devices, need a USB OTG (On The Go cable). I have a Samsung S10 so I used the OTG cable for my stack and it works flawlessly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back