Newb needs help choosing an amp
Jan 14, 2009 at 7:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

deniall83

100+ Head-Fier
Howdy fellow philes.

I have recently bought a Cowon S6 and a pair of UE Triple.Fi 10 Pro headphones to keep my music-loving monster at bay. Unfortunately he has become a bit more knowledgable recently and has decided he needs an amp to feed his craving. The question is, what portable amp will satisfy his thirst for crystal clear audio? Budget doesn't worry me too much as long as it performs well and I definitely want it to run on an external power supply or USB power. Any suggestions?
beyersmile.png

Jan 14, 2009 at 10:11 AM Post #2 of 3
pico, decware zenhead, iqube for portable, lisa III for full-on heavenly transportable audio. the first three are reasonably small and wonderful sounding amps, but the lisa III, although larger and $600USD with no dac is IMO THE BEST SOUNDING portable/transportable amp on the market. it has no competitors as sound quality goes, it is simply amazing

wheere in OZ are you?? I have lisa III and pico here in brisbane if you want to have a listen

Jan 14, 2009 at 10:37 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for the reply mate. I'm in Perth unfortunately. I will check out the amps you have suggested.

Also, could you let me know what else I need apart from the amp to make it all work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back