new wires! werd!
Jul 25, 2003 at 1:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

mjg

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys, I am here to brag about my sexy new wires I recieved today!! : ]

They are now breaking in, and now i can finally say I've seen how ridiculous audiophile grade wires can get (even the entry level stuff). My new stock includes the Magic Power AC cable, which i was discouraged from buying (it wasn't necessary for 'just' my amp). And my 4.5 meter dimarzio big red headphone extension. I cannot beleive how thick that power cable is!! By the end of the week I will have succesfully talked myself into thinking what I bought was necessary, and justify it! (I hope I am being sarcastic here, and I truly do appreciate these, at the exorbant price I paid, considering after all they are just wires).This headphone extension will finally allow me to lay down on my bed with the er4s, something I've been thinking of doing for awhile. Perhaps this might be bad, but let's see if this can help cure my insomnia hehehe.

My initial impressions so far is that the power cable has reduced volume a bit, due to the fact it's unbroken in I suppose. I do think that it might be a touch cleaner, but who knows, anyone who just dumped that money would want to think that, so it's the placebo effect. The Dimarzio Big Red is awesome, quality build, and as stated in it's name, Big and red! I can practically walk to my bathroom and kitchen now with head phones on. Now I can offically do almost all of my daily activities with headphones on! If I so wanted to of course, which would be strange, right ?? hahaha : P

Anyways, you all can now include me in the obsessive wire purchasing guy club, I am here to stay hahaha.

Jul 25, 2003 at 4:47 AM Post #2 of 8
btw, the volume wasn't reduced, i was just being a tard... er4s apparantly doesn't sound as loud as my cd3000's. anyways, if you did care (which i doubt you did) i have said it correctly : ]

Jul 25, 2003 at 6:26 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by mjg
Anyways, you all can now include me in the obsessive wire purchasing guy club, I am here to stay hahaha.

What makes you think they are all *guys*?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 25, 2003 at 6:33 AM Post #6 of 8
sorry : ]

I've been corrected. You know though, some people call girls guys, in the ambiguous sense of the word (as in assortment of people, different variety). Guys and gals is a bit dated isn't it? In any event, thank you for posting in a neutral way that wasn't intended to mame my feelings.

mg.

Or better yet, should i just call everyone girls? Perhaps I would have gotten the attention then!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back