New website is almost dysfunctional
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 30, 2017 at 9:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

output555

Head-Fier
Nothing worse than when a website developer takes a poor, bare-bones design and replaces it with something worse. Such is the case with Head-Fi's new site. Almost nothing works right. I've spend wasted time trying to find the links to Private Messaging (still can't find it), posting new threads, closing sold classifieds, plus I no longer get notifications of PMs via email. This new site is not ready for publishing and needs serious more work. Fail, Head-Fi folks.

P.S. Another example: I made a typo in this thread's headline, but can't find an edit link to fix it. Eye roll.

Last edited:
May 23, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #3 of 7
I agree, that's why I'm reading this thread. I was so frustrated finding my profile and editing my posts. Head-fi should do something to address the problem, not being a fussy person, there are so many functions that I can't use or can't find right now.

May 23, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #4 of 7
Nothing worse than when a website developer takes a poor, bare-bones design and replaces it with something worse. Such is the case with Head-Fi's new site. Almost nothing works right. I've spend wasted time trying to find the links to Private Messaging (still can't find it), posting new threads, closing sold classifieds, plus I no longer get notifications of PMs via email. This new site is not ready for publishing and needs serious more work. Fail, Head-Fi folks.

P.S. Another example: I made a typo in this thread's headline, but can't find an edit link to fix it. Eye roll.

May 23, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #5 of 7
The new head=fi,is one of worst ,I have ever dealt with .
I have been a member,for 5 years,and was on it,daily,for the last 5 years.
All of my gear,has been listed,sold,and 90% of the gear I've purchased via head-fi..now,almost never

Now it has turned into a nightmare,which I rarely go to anymore.
The software developer ,who has made theses changes,should be fired,but yest,,you call it an UPGRDADE,TO ME,IT,
A total waste of time

Mike

May 23, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #6 of 7
Jude has addressed the reasons that Head-fi needed to switch platforms. It had to be done quickly and they had very little advance notice. And we've seen a number of improvements to the site since the transition. They're well aware of the issues that folks are facing with the new platform, and working hard to provide as quality a user experience as possible.

Details here:
https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/why-we-switched-forum-platforms.846861/

May 24, 2017 at 1:08 AM Post #7 of 7

Hi,
click on your user-id name a window will open and you will see a line "private message"
I hope this help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back