NEW VIRUS: NOT A HOAX!!!
Jan 27, 2004 at 1:55 AM Post #2 of 15
Might i point out, I am quite virus-free on my iMac...haha suckers
wink.gif

Jan 27, 2004 at 3:12 AM Post #5 of 15
no crap!! my mailbox has been filling up all day with this crap. i've been using Outlook Express but i didn't open any of the attachments just deleted them... hope i didn't get infected somehow

Jan 27, 2004 at 3:19 AM Post #7 of 15
Since this one is targeting Kaaza users, I bet a lot of folks here are potential victims. Even though, of course, no one here ever admits to using Kaaza.
tongue.gif

I don't use Kaaza (honest!) and I use Netscrape instead of OE for email, so the one sent to me didn't do anything.

Jan 27, 2004 at 3:27 AM Post #8 of 15
i dont' use Kazaa.. for amatuers heh.. but still I don't see why I'm getting so much spam from this virus. i searched my PC for the related files listed on McAffee's site and it didn't find them but i have gotten some postmaster failed email alerts to people I didn't send anything to. this suck! i didn't do anything like open strange attachments or anything. What is going on here

Jan 27, 2004 at 9:56 AM Post #9 of 15
I dont think this would be a problem if you dont open attachment files. But im updating my virus updates now just in case.
Thanks for the info.

I just had to read this thread... its title was shouting at me like a mad man
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

Jan 27, 2004 at 1:10 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by austonia
i dont' use Kazaa.. for amatuers heh.. but still I don't see why I'm getting so much spam from this virus. i searched my PC for the related files listed on McAffee's site and it didn't find them but i have gotten some postmaster failed email alerts to people I didn't send anything to. this suck! i didn't do anything like open strange attachments or anything. What is going on here

That's the way the virus spreads. Don't open the attachements and delete those e-mails.

I found this: http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/novarg.shtml a bit more informative than the mcafee page.

Jan 27, 2004 at 4:08 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

I don't see why I'm getting so much spam from this virus. i searched my PC for the related files listed on McAffee's site and it didn't find them but i have gotten some postmaster failed email alerts to people I didn't send anything to

Someone who has your email address in their address book probably has the virus, and it is sending out emails as if they were coming from you. This happened to me a couple of times and I had to deal with postmaster alerts and irate emails from people who claimed I sent them a virus. You'll stop getting emails either Feb. 12 when the virus is scheduled to stop spreading, or when the person who has your email address realizes that they are infected.

Apr 8, 2020 at 9:09 PM Post #14 of 15
Computer viruses used to drive me crazy but now I’ve got them under control. Whenever you get a new virus, it’s chaos. But eventually you figure something out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back