New to the audio hobby. Wanting iem recommendations.
Feb 15, 2024 at 3:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

NOoneWillknow

New Head-Fier
I'm new to the hobby but I have watched quite a few vids from Crinacle, headphone show, etc. I currently have 1 IEM (Freya), 1 TWS (Dev. Gemini I), and 2 headphones (XM4 and Steelseries prime).

I would like to get more IEMs ( 3 to 5 more ) and my budget is 800 EUR (total).

IEMs I've tried before (20min-3hours) at The Hangout or at shops:
- UM MEXT (my fav out of the bunch)
- THIEAUDIO Clairevoyance (very much like)
- Kinera Skuld (like)
- Kinera Freya (Love it with some songs - meh with other songs)
- Blessing 2 (like)
- SeeAudio Bravery (good-ish - not really like but not bad)
- LETSHOUER EJ07 (good-ish / meh)
- BLON x HBB z300 (meh)

I listen to a lot of different genres from K-pop to jazz, but I listen most to Pop, Hip Hop, K-pop, Electronic, Dark R&B, and Modern Rock to pick the 5 most listened.
Thanks

Feb 15, 2024 at 5:52 PM Post #3 of 12
The memorable ones I've tried and would buy again:
7hz salnotes Zero:2
Simgot EA500 but didn't like the LM version
Tanchjim Hannah
Truthear Zero blue, so great for acoustic and vocals.
7hz Timeless but not the AE edition as the dynamic driver for bass is lame.

Feb 16, 2024 at 5:03 PM Post #4 of 12
I'm new to the hobby but I have watched quite a few vids from Crinacle, headphone show, etc. I currently have 1 IEM (Freya), 1 TWS (Dev. Gemini I), and 2 headphones (XM4 and Steelseries prime).

I would like to get more IEMs ( 3 to 5 more ) and my budget is 800 EUR (total).

IEMs I've tried before (20min-3hours) at The Hangout or at shops:
- UM MEXT (my fav out of the bunch)
- THIEAUDIO Clairevoyance (very much like)
- Kinera Skuld (like)
- Kinera Freya (Love it with some songs - meh with other songs)
- Blessing 2 (like)
- SeeAudio Bravery (good-ish - not really like but not bad)
- LETSHOUER EJ07 (good-ish / meh)
- BLON x HBB z300 (meh)

I listen to a lot of different genres from K-pop to jazz, but I listen most to Pop, Hip Hop, K-pop, Electronic, Dark R&B, and Modern Rock to pick the 5 most listened.
Thanks
You can do whatever you like, but speaking from experience, I'd just grab one really good set. The link in my sig has a headphone ranking section that could help you, but I'd probably grab the UM MEST II and call it quits if I were in your shoes. Alternatively, the AFUL P8 or Final A5000 are excellent for the price as well. Some excellent used IEMs are great choices too. Make sure you grab IEMs that match your preferences - bass, mids, highs, and that fit your ears well and aren't too heavy while matching your headphone out (3.5mm, 4.4mm, etc.)

Feb 18, 2024 at 6:11 AM Post #5 of 12
After a few days of searching and stuff, I'll be buying 3 IEMs but for the last one, I'm still looking into a few options.
IEMs I'm getting: Moondrop Variations and the Yanyin Moonlight. to have variety in my IEMs sound signatures.

still in consideration (1 of them): UM MEST II, MEXT, Thieaudio Prestige LTD, elysian Annihilator or Diva, or even the Yanyin Moonlight Ultra.
I will try to find a place to actually try them first, would be stupid to spend that much and then get disappointed because it doesn't sound like the freq. graph.

I've heard that AROMA audio is also very good, but I couldn't find much on AROMA. Looking into the Witch Girl Pro w6.2

Feb 18, 2024 at 8:33 AM Post #6 of 12
After a few days of searching and stuff, I'll be buying 3 IEMs but for the last one, I'm still looking into a few options.
IEMs I'm getting: Moondrop Variations and the Yanyin Moonlight. to have variety in my IEMs sound signatures.

still in consideration (1 of them): UM MEST II, MEXT, Thieaudio Prestige LTD, elysian Annihilator or Diva, or even the Yanyin Moonlight Ultra.
I will try to find a place to actually try them first, would be stupid to spend that much and then get disappointed because it doesn't sound like the freq. graph.

I've heard that AROMA audio is also very good, but I couldn't find much on AROMA. Looking into the Witch Girl Pro w6.2
Diva sounded great, but was pretty uncomfortable for me. Campfire Audio is also worth all look. The Supermoon is excellent and the Bonneville is super bassy if it fits yours ears right.

Feb 19, 2024 at 2:46 PM Post #7 of 12
Right now I'm trying to auto-EQ my Freya to other IEMs and I'm loving the overall eq of the aroma jewel. however, the price is way too high for me. I'm like UM maven pro eq as well, it's my best option for now, i'll keep the eq on for a week or so, then try other eq profiles. But right now, i'm liking: 1. Jewel, 2. maven pro, and 3. Elysian Diva... but it's just the overall EQ. honestly, i might just stick with EQ, even though I can only use it on my PC. I hate iPhones!!! Why can't they just have an autoEQ app. 😭

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024 at 9:18 AM Post #8 of 12
Right now I'm trying to auto-EQ my Freya to other IEMs and I'm loving the overall eq of the aroma jewel. however, the price is way too high for me. I'm like UM maven pro eq as well, it's my best option for now, i'll keep the eq on for a week or so, then try other eq profiles. But right now, i'm liking: 1. Jewel, 2. maven pro, and 3. Elysian Diva... but it's just the overall EQ. honestly, i might just stick with EQ, even though I can only use it on my PC. I hate iPhones!!! Why can't they just have an autoEQ app. 😭

Feb 20, 2024 at 11:10 PM Post #10 of 12
I wrote in another thread but I started out on $100 Shure IEMs. Loved the isolation. So if you asked what feature they should have, I'd say good isolation. If you used a $800 pair to start, you're probably not going to tell how they sound different from a cheaper pair, unless you've got good ears. Start small and work your way up is my advice.

Feb 21, 2024 at 4:11 AM Post #11 of 12
I haven't really tried the 100 to 200 price range but the real budget options like the blon x hbb z300, it's just so, ok. Then I tried iems that cost around 250, it was night and day difference. But actually trying the MEXT was something on another plane, however the jump from 550 to 1100 was very very minor, had a similar experience with the Kinera Skuld. Now, i'm stupid enough to buy something twice the price for a 5% increase in sound quality, even if it's just placebo. I just need to decide on which $1000 iem to get.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2024 at 2:06 PM Post #12 of 12
After a lot of research, I've come to the decision that it's just better to get an Android rather than spend the same amount of money on ear things I already have. get a new phone and just use EQ (Wavelet). I need a new phone anyway. btw thanks for the help. :) also not smart to spend thousands when I'm just 16, maybe in 10 years.

this is my new favorite eq preset (just letting you know):
graph (1).png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back