New system
Jul 2, 2004 at 2:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Eli Morgan

Head-Fier
I am thinking about getting a digital receiver, with two floor standing speakers, and a subwoofer. I have a few questions.

1. Eventually, I plan to get more then two...like four or five bookshelf speakers. Could I somehow hook my Digital reciever up to my DVD player, or do i have to get a special one? If so, what kind of cables would I use?

2. To hook my speakers up to my digital receiver, what kind of cable would i use?

3. I will be using my headphones with the digital reciever. Do I need an amp, or do they usually have some decent built in amps? and how would the sound of a decent digital receiver with headphones sound compared to the jack my Audigy 2 ZS...

I am starting out with two floor standing speakers, a sub, and a digital reciever. I was thinking I would either go with athena, or klipsch. I am not sure about the digital receiver. Do you guys have any recommendations on the system? I'd like to get them at best buy, but I trust your recommendations more than theirs. I'd like to start out small, and get a setup that was under $800.

also, if i were to get more speakers to add on to my system, could I get bookshelf speakers and make a surround sound system? or would that set it off balance? In other words, would I need 4 floorstanding speakers to make it even?

as you can see, I am new to all this, but hey, I gotta start somewhere
smily_headphones1.gif

thanks a lot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back