New Swan D1080MKII 08 doesn't flex like the old version
Apr 15, 2011 at 9:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

clubkid

New Head-Fier
I just got the Swan D1080MKII 08 speakers in today and they look great and sound crisp and clear.  It definitely lacks bass even when the dial is maxed and my equalizer setting is set to high bass.  I know they aren't meant for bass but I'm definitely missing some the bass that my crappy 2.1 had.  Maybe I'll add a sub in a year or so. 

Anyways, the new model has almost no flex on the lower channel compared to the old one seen in this youtube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtTPAZT1aVE

I played the exact same songs (I youtube the actual songs), played with my EQ settings, played it almost max volume to the point where my ears hurt, and still almost no flex.  Any other Swan D1080 owners have this issue?  Anyone know why this might be happening?  I'm no audiophile so I can use some help.

My speakers are directly connected to the onboard sound card (ATI High Definition Audio Device). 

Apr 16, 2011 at 12:42 AM Post #3 of 8
Well to be fair your crappy 2.1 system wasn't producing bass. 

Apr 16, 2011 at 1:55 AM Post #5 of 8
You have a couple things done the wrong way for quality. First, youtube has no audio quality. Second, onboard audio is bad, very bad, don't let anyone tell you differently. Third, you should play music with stock settings, both software and hardware, and tweak the hardware first.

BTW, what's the quality of your music and what player do you use?

Oh, and perhaps some of the hate you got was from posting on the wrong section.

Apr 16, 2011 at 1:57 AM Post #6 of 8
we do have a computer audio subforum a bit further down the main page - youll probably get a lot more help in there :) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back