New Source for Home
Jan 22, 2003 at 7:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Rizumu

Thinks I like him.
I need a new home source. I'm trying to sell off my pcdp right now to free up some funds, but this is still going to be a budget player I'm looking for. Redbook is all I care about, I don't need SACD and I don't need DVD. I don't need a 5 disc carousel because I don't want something too large or have to worry about the mechanical problems that are associated with these. So a single CD player with redbook playback being the biggest factor. I figure keeping it as simple as my needs are will get me the best sound for the price.

I was going to buy the NS500V, but I've heard the redbook playback is pretty awful on it. Feel free to substantiate that or not, but I'm interested in what other options are out there in the $100-$200 range also. I realize my budget sort of sucks, but I'm looking for an improvement over using a portable player as my home source. Yes, buying used is an option. This will be used with a META 42 amp and Ultrasone HFI-650 headphones.

Thanks.

Jan 23, 2003 at 8:10 AM Post #4 of 6
Wow, I didn't know you could get a Nad for that cheap. I'm currently trying to get an SCD-CE775, if that doesn't work I'll have to check it out.

Jan 23, 2003 at 8:30 AM Post #5 of 6
The refurb is $219, they carry the new one for $299. I know that you can get it cheaper elsewhere online, but Yawa has a very good reputation. And like I said, the refurb does come with a 1 year factory warranty.

Jan 23, 2003 at 2:38 PM Post #6 of 6
Should be able to find a good used Adcom GCD575 in that range. They are well built and would be a great buy for a great sounding player that should last a long time and you can add one of their DAC's later if you want to upgrade. Try Audiogon & Ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back