Questyle Audio CMA800i DAC Headphone Amplifier
$2,499.00

Free U.S. 2nd Day Shipping

Questyle_CMA800i_dac_headphone_amp_2_long.jpg

Questyle_CMA800i_dac_headphone_amp_5_long.jpg

Questyle CMA800i DAC Headphone Amplifier

$2,499.00
Questyle CMA800i DAC Headphone Amplifier

The Questyle Audio CMA800i headphone amplifier section follows Questyle’s patented "Current Mode Amplification" design used in their flagship headphone amplifier, the CMA800R.

The ultra low 0.00026% distortion, ultra wide bandwidth, up to 850kHz (+0, -3dB), and Super-current pure Class A architecture enables the CMA800i’s amplification to be unparalleled among all-in-one DAC headphone amp models.

A World Class DAC section

True DSD

Unlike other DACs that claim DSD support, yet in actuality provide DoP (DSD over PCM), the CMA800i accepts the DSD bit-stream directly from your computer, bypassing your computer’s audio processing and digital volume control as well as the CMA800i’s digital filters, to provide True DSD, the way it was meant to be heard, without requiring expensive difficult to install proprietary connectors.

With DSD over PCM, the DoP breaks up the bit-stream into 16bit packets and compresses them into a PCM data-stream and then uncompresses them at the other end, buffering them, then reassembles into the bit-stream so that it may be sent to the DAC as DSD.

All of this requires an extreme amount of processing from the computer and the DAC performimg in real time, which invariably leads to latency, data loss, etc., not to mention a 33% increase in bandwidth requirements for the USB ports and cabling.

Questyle_CMA800i_dac_headphone_amp_3.jpg

IIR Digital Filter

Currently the majority of DACs use FIR (finite impulse response) digital filters, but research and testing has shown that our ears are very sensitive to the pre-ring that FIR digital filters add to the impulse wave, making the music sound incoherent and unnatural. The CMA800i offers a more advanced IIR digital filter, which completely eliminates the pre-ring from the impulse wave producing a more natural sound.

Questyle_CMA800i_dac_headphone_amp_4.jpg

Match the Questyle Audio CMA800i with Active Speakers

The Questyle Audio CMA800i is an excellent choice to drive active speakers.

Questyle_CMA800i_dac_headphone_amp_5_resized.jpg

Hi-End Components Throughout

Superior sound performance requires the use of Hi-end components. Questyle uses only the very best in the CMA800i, each component undergoes an extensive testing and selection process, many are custom made and purpose built.

Questyle_CMA800i_dac_headphone_amp_6.jpg

10mm Thick Aluminum Cover and Bottom Chassis

The aluminum chassis is produced by Foxconn using precise CNC tooling machines. The upper cover and bottom chassis “mutual bit” structure design, provides stable heat, excellent control of sympathetic vibration and excellent shielding from RFI/EMI radiation.

Questyle_CMA800i_dac_headphone_amp_7.jpg

Quality Control

Each product is burned in for 72 hours before shipping and every product has its own serial number and test report. The engineers prepare two copies of the test report, one report is put in the box for the customer and another report is kept in a safety deposit box at Questyle.

If there are any questions, about any product, at anytime, Questyle is able to find the report, for that unit, to aid in solving any issues.

Specifications

Headphone Amp section (External Format)DAC and Pre-Amp section
  1. Gain: 11.8dB (3.9times)

2. Max Output Power(Po):180mW(7.5Vrms)@300Ω;1W@32Ω

3. THD+N:

0.00026%@1kHz,Po=100mW,300Ω

0.00050%@1kHz,Po=50mW,32Ω

4. SNR: 118 dB,

5. Frequency: DC-200kHz(+0,-0.5 dB);DC-850kHz(+0,-3 dB)

6. Sensitivity: 2.2Vrms

7. Input: Internal DAC output, or External RCA input,switchable

8. Output: Dual 6.35mm Standard Stereo Jacks

1. Input:SPDIF input and output, USB Type B input

2. Signal:

SPDIF input and output:

Standard PCM 44.1-192k/16-24bit

3. USB:PCM 44.1-192k/16-24bit and

DSD Source Code following standard SACD format

4. PC OS to match USB input:Win XP,Vista,Win7,Win8 and MAC OS

5. Digital Filter:

PCM Mode:Switchable IIR(MP) and FIR (LP)

True DSD Mode: No filter

6. USB supported Kernal stream:

WASAPI,ASIO,KS

1. Analog Output:Balanced (XLR) and unbalanced (RCA)

2. Max output amplitude:

XLR:8.6Vrms;RCA:4.3Vrms

3. THD+N:< 0.005% for both XLR and RCA

4. SNR:>107dB for both XLR and RCA

Whole device

5. Voltage:

100-120V or 220-230V switchable

6. Power Consuming:13W

7. Dimension:330*300*55 mm

Thank You.​

Drew Baird
Moon Audio

Last edited:
Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back