New portable DAC
Dec 31, 2022 at 5:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Fiyero

New Head-Fier
Dear all
I actually have a Meridian Explorer 2 DAC that I use with high resolution files with Qobuz and a Moondrop S8 IEM.

I use them with my Smartphone using USB Player Pro and Bit Perfect.

Can you advise me a good improvement as portable DAC always having in mind that I will use it on the go with a smartphone?

Thanks!

Maurizio

Dec 31, 2022 at 11:09 PM Post #6 of 8
Dear all
I actually have a Meridian Explorer 2 DAC that I use with high resolution files with Qobuz and a Moondrop S8 IEM.

I use them with my Smartphone using USB Player Pro and Bit Perfect.

Can you advise me a good improvement as portable DAC always having in mind that I will use it on the go with a smartphone?

Thanks!

Maurizio
PAW S2 or Cayin RU6 - Mojo2 would be a lot more and possibly overkill. I have all 3.

Jan 1, 2023 at 9:53 AM Post #8 of 8
Therefore your first choice would be the Mojo 2 right?

Question : Mojo 2 has just 2 3.5mm output.

There is no 4.4mm balanced output. In case I would like to use a 4.4 balanced Cable I need to use an adaptor? Any advice?

Thanks!
Do you need extra battery or power to drive your headphones, then Mojo2 or similar like xDSD Gryphon would be preferred, but cost a lot more than the two other options I mentioned. I tend to just use my Mojo2 at home and use the PAW S2 when I go go for walks.

I got a few dongles as they all have different features and sounds.

If you need balanced, I’d pick a single with balanced, if not then you could use an adapter, but it’s a little clumsy in my view

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back