new music (recommended by head-fiers)
Jun 30, 2002 at 12:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

carlo

Founder of 5 in heavy rotation
i've gotten turned on to some really cool music over the past couple of months by members, and wanted to give an update:

album (person who recommended it)

tom mcrae - tom mcrae (markl): to be blunt, the first two songs had me thinking, "oh christ, its that emo crap." by the time song four rolled around i knew it would grow into something i really dug. still working the album out, there are some interesting concepts regarding existence that keeps me listening and thinking. good **** mark, thanks for the tip.

wes montogmery - verve presents & so much guitar (benG): man, each time i listen i find myself focused on another aspect of the music, just montogomery's guitar, just the cymbal hits, only the bass guitar... i can't even quantify how interesting his music is to me.

jimmy smith - root down, verve's roots of acid jazz (benG): i gotta get his stuff on vinyl, draws a big emotional response, or at least it does when i'm not staring into space thinking "damn."

portishead in new york (gloco) - talk about a sound that i didn't think could be captured outside a studio but was. i gotta admit it was impressive but i started losing interest after a while, since i started with the jazz stuff benG recommended i find that my musical selections have gotten narrower. i'll need to try again soon.

thanks guys,
carlo.

Jun 30, 2002 at 10:28 PM Post #2 of 2
Glad it worked out Carlo. That album has a very spooky late-night vibe and the lyrics are really sharp. I keep going back to that CD and get hooked every time. It's one of those where you don't skip a single track. It really transports you away like good music should.

markl

Users who are viewing this thread

Back