NEW MD - Need Advice
Sep 20, 2002 at 6:55 PM Post #16 of 21
Ari, why not try that new Sharp Auvi MDP?
Or do you specifically need a recorder?

Da Mystyler

Ari,
in absolute terms a CD player would give the best quality due to lack of compression. CDR copies would be near bit-for-bit copies of the original, sometimes even better due to reduced jitter.
I'm a bit out of touch with the latest PCDP's. The Sony D-EJ925 is supposed to be good, if you have £150 to spare, or the latest Panasonics.
But I like the MD format because of its portability, editability, and convenience. IMO its the best portable format going.
The sound quality of MD in portable use is as near to dammit CD quality, and is also very good in a separates setup.

Kevin

Kevin.

Nice to know that my copy CD's will sound good. I like MD portability and I have one very small MZ R70. It's working fine so my I'm OK in "size" already. I will use it for walking. Pocket use...
But for traveling, I want a better sound quality and I think, will go CD's/

Thank you very much. Helped a lot !!!!

wink.gif

Magicthyse

Sound quality - especially if it'll be amped via the line out, the D-CJ01 with regular CD's will kick the ass of any MD - especially as you can have the remote plugged in at the same time as the Line Out. The CJ01 will also give you the option for playing back compressed audio - up to 320K MP3.

The CJ01 operates off two AA alkaline, nicad or nimh batteries.

biggrin.gif
Hey Magicthyse !!

That's what I'm looking for. I started this tread talking about MDs but I realized that CDs would be better.

Thank you very much !!

Guys !

In fact, I do not really need a remote. But need quality. This will work for me.

I Thank you all for your time, brilliant ideas and tremendous help !!

Best

Ari

smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 21, 2002 at 3:00 PM Post #18 of 21
The R50 is certainly a beast of a portable. I was looking to buy one of these classics before I saw a MDS-PC3 for super cheap.

Also, look at the Sharp MT170/180/190. I'm sure these babies take AAs. The MT170 and MT180 have no mic or remote input. They don't have a dedicated lineout but if you crank the volume to max I am assuming they automatically switch to line.

Sep 21, 2002 at 3:06 PM Post #19 of 21
I read the MT180 owner's manual (you can find it at minidisc.org), and - surprise! - it only takes gumstick Ni-MH inside the unit
frown.gif

The manual also said you have to buy the AA battery case (same as the one for the MT770/888) separately... hope there are exceptions to that in certain markets *pfffft*

Sep 21, 2002 at 3:18 PM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by leon
I read the MT180 owner's manual (you can find it at minidisc.org), and - surprise! - it only takes gumstick Ni-MH inside the unit.

The manual also said you have to buy the AA battery case (same as the one for the MT770/888) separately... hope there are exceptions to that in certain markets :\

Well crap!
That is a HUGE surprise.

Leave it to leon!!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back