New Matrix Audio X-Server info (and a bit about the X-Sabre 2 as well)
Sep 27, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #137 of 140
It's weird because they had the prototype up and running just fine, and it was a fairly polished product. I guess they were using more of a stock motherboard at the time, and wanted to do a custom design prior to release. Maybe that got expensive/complex but even so they should have just fallen back to an off the shelf solution - it still sounded fantastic.

Wonder what happened to the prototype.... I believe it had a 3rd gen Intel i3 or similar CPU. Still plenty strong for music playback.

In any case, the Euphony is amazing in its own way, but not really covering the same ground as the X-Server which was very dCS like in appearance, and had built-in PSU.

Sep 27, 2018 at 4:42 PM Post #138 of 140
It's weird because they had the prototype up and running just fine, and it was a fairly polished product. I guess they were using more of a stock motherboard at the time, and wanted to do a custom design prior to release. Maybe that got expensive/complex but even so they should have just fallen back to an off the shelf solution - it still sounded fantastic.

Wonder what happened to the prototype.... I believe it had a 3rd gen Intel i3 or similar CPU. Still plenty strong for music playback.

In any case, the Euphony is amazing in its own way, but not really covering the same ground as the X-Server which was very dCS like in appearance, and had built-in PSU.
Yah, the Matrix does look sleek. Perhaps one can get the X-sabre and use the digital output and may use the Sabre if needed. I don't need the sabre as I am no fan of SD chips. I use R2R DAC. However I can possibly use DSD from the sabre.but then my DAC already plays DSD pretty well.
There is a also this Buggy server from the euphony site europe. ? same as the Euphony PTS
Do you think the X-server sounds better than the Euphony PTS ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back